Looking to add another acura to the stable

Looking to add another Acura to my stable. I love my NSX but I'm looking for something to drive on rainy days, days and when I have more then one friend and for short errands. I was thinking of going for a Acura TSX, but for a little extra money I can go for the V6 TL. Honestly The TL Type S looks sweet. I don't like to drive the NSX in the rain and because of the sporty 2 seats its not a great people hauler. Now there is no way that I'm selling my NSX, I love the car. Just looking to get another car to the stable. Whichever one I get it has to be a 6 speed manual. Also my budget is around 20k and I would like to find a car with under 50,000 miles. I'm looking at the 2006-2008 cars as I hate the styling of the later cars. Which one do you guys suggest.
2006-2008 4cyl TSX
2006-2008 TL
2006-2008 TL Type S

I was ready to spend

Looking to add another Acura to my stable. I love my NSX but I'm looking for something to drive on rainy days, days and when I have more then one friend and for short errands. I was thinking of going for a Acura TSX, but for a little extra money I can go for the V6 TL. Honestly The TL Type S looks sweet. I don't like to drive the NSX in the rain and because of the sporty 2 seats its not a great people hauler. Now there is no way that I'm selling my NSX, I love the car. Just looking to get another car to the stable. Whichever one I get it has to be a 6 speed manual. Also my budget is around 20k and I would like to find a car with under 50,000 miles. I'm looking at the 2006-2008 cars as I hate the styling of the later cars. Which one do you guys suggest.
2006-2008 4cyl TSX
2006-2008 TL
2006-2008 TL Type S

Mid 20's for a nice 2008 TL Type S, preferably in cobalt blue pearl or white. (We have a 2006 TL w/navi, and ~125 K trouble-free miles - wanted another one before Acura ruined the TL in 2009 M Y). Wellsoanyway, a real nice low mile '08 TL-S was running $23-26 K earlier this year..... and premium fuel req'd. Then I caught a real sweet deal on an early 2008 Accord 4 door 4 cyl, 26K miles at $14250 w/all maintenance records. Could not say no.

TL-S :cool: But for 15-19 K you will find many real nice regular 2006-2008 TL's with lo-lo miles.

Ever consider an older RL? I love them because they're very understated and are supposed to drive very nicely.

I was in the same situation about a year ago...I really wanted a maual TL in the same year range that you speak of. Finding the one I eventually bought wasn't easy, as there aren't that many manuals out there. Mine is a 2006 mystic blue pearl TL 6 sp manual. I searched for close to a year. Oddly enough I ended up close to you near the PA maryland border, in a place called 7 valleys ,PA. The car is smooth,quiet,fast and comfortable. Never had a problem with it, even has brembos in the front.Just watch out for the imfamous 3rd gear slip problem that some MT TLs have. Although I believe it's a factory covered recall if the car is under 60,000 mi.

Last edited:
Yeah I did notice that manual are very hard to find. I found a 2008 Blue TL type S close to me. 43,000 miles for $18,800. I would jump on it but its auto. I love manual cars. I'm not in a huge rush so I'll be patient, for a nice manual type S. The type S looks awesome and I figure if I'm gonna go for a TL, might as well get the best Type S.

Everyone's needs and desires are different; the TL has a huge power advantage. But for me, it's much too big. Even the '09 and later TSX grew a little too much for my tastes. It also grew a little too much for a 4 cylinder. I look around me during my commute and i see a bunch of huge bloated cars and SUVs being used to transport a 180 pound person; it just seems wasteful. I know you can go too small, too--I'm selling my Fit, partly for that reason.
You gotta get the one that stirs you more. For me, it was the TSX, but it was too hard to find one with a 6 spd. So I went with the Civic Si, and I'm very happy with it.

Love my tsx. But then again it is just myself 90% of the time in the car commuting to work. Enough power to get me there and back lol. I found a 6sp pretty easily. But I was willing to travel out of state for one.

Hey guys. I am the happy new owner of a 2008 Acura TL Type S. Its a 6 speed car with 47830 miles. Its Moroccan red with black interior. I bought the car privately. One owner car with a clean car fax. 6 speed are very hard to find and even harder to find with low mileage. I really liked this one and with a little haggling I brought it home. Drove 2 hours with a trailer to get it to NJ. It was a nice road trip. Just picked it up today and can;t wait to get it tagged so I can drive and enjoy it.

Seller wanted 22.5 firm. But negotiating for a while I got it for 20,500. I did not wanna spend more then 20 but I didn't wanna lose this car and its well documented, so we agreed on a little extra money and I brought it home. Gonna go get it tagged later today.

Hey guys. I am the happy new owner of a 2008 Acura TL Type S. Its a 6 speed car with 47830 miles. Its Moroccan red with black interior. I bought the car privately. One owner car with a clean car fax. 6 speed are very hard to find and even harder to find with low mileage. I really liked this one and with a little haggling I brought it home. Drove 2 hours with a trailer to get it to NJ. It was a nice road trip. Just picked it up today and can;t wait to get it tagged so I can drive and enjoy it.

:smile: for you! That color combo sounds real nice. And I think you got a GREAT deal for a one-owner six speed (rare, and NOT tan interior). You'll love everything about it, except maybe having to use premium fuel but oh well, it's a real nice car at a good price.

Thank you. I am very happy with the car. Got the car registered to me. Had to pay a nice amount in taxes, but that's how it goes. Took the car in for inspection and a good detail. Its fun to drive but will take some getting use to. Its a big jump in size compared to the NSX and to my brothers little Scion, but itta be fun getting to know a new car. I'll take some pics of it soon along side my NSX and Honda Hornet motorcycle, my garage full of Hondas lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and it has a sweet stereo system.

Back