Looking into this NSX but need opinions

The previous owner tracked the car, this would be a major reason for me not to consider it. I'm also looking in the $25k to $30k price range but I will skip on this one.

The previous owner tracked the car, this would be a major reason for me not to consider it.

That is not an issue if maintained properly. I have a '96 that I purchased in '99 with 22,000 miles on it. I started tracking it in 2001 and it now has 145,000 miles, 100+ track days and 11,000+ track miles on it. Larry B does the maintenance on it and just last week I drove it 350 miles for work, 538 miles round trip to Watkins Glen and 300 miles at Watkins Glen for 2 track days without any issues. It is both a daily driver "in season" and a track rat.

I'm not worried about the car being tracked. I'm worried about it being a good deal or not. Supra and EVO experience taught me already that you cannot expect something not to be beaten up a bit. The owner bought the car the same reason as you, to make the engine scream. I just want an NSX that will not be in a shop all the time and one that I can daily drive with . If those problems listed are the only ones, that's fine with me.

the works needed are very simple in my opinion and if you can do it yourself that is a big plus. try to get PPI and if the engine and trans are healthy, I think it's a good buy. You wont find many NSXs priced at 20k unless they are totally shot and this one does not look like it has been neglected a lot. The seller seems very honest as well as he mentions the car has been tracked and all the things it needs and this is a plus as well.

+1.

-fixes seem minor, common nsx problems or common issues for any 20 year old car.
-quite a number of nsx owners change the suspension to aftermarket anyways, upgrading shouldn't be too bad.
-seller seems honest and seems very realistic re pricing to have the car sold within a reasonable time frame.

judging from the ad, i can only think of one other nsx in similar condition/price range in the past 2 years.

the works needed are very simple in my opinion and if you can do it yourself that is a big plus. try to get PPI and if the engine and trans are healthy, I think it's a good buy. You wont find many NSXs priced at 20k unless they are totally shot and this one does not look like it has been neglected a lot. The seller seems very honest as well as he mentions the car has been tracked and all the things it needs and this is a plus as well.

Last edited:
could be a good deal if the front end damage was non frame related,,you will need a visual..all the other things are priced in to fix.

sounds too good to be true?

Absolutely worth a look at that price. Color certainly is a plus. Obviously, you're more than a few miles from the seller. Maybe you can talk one of our fine primers in the Seattle area to give it a look for you in person.

Back