Looking for some good Sushi in O.C.

I'll be staying at California Adventure Hotel and don't mind driving out of the park 15-20mins away. I want a good sushi place for dinner, nothing nice or fancy, but just good food. I remember many years ago there was a good "all you can eat sushi" place not too far away. The sushi was actually pretty good for buffet style. However, I don't care for Todai.

I was suprised to see that the neighborhood just across the street from Disney doesn't look to safe? Just keep me out of the Food 4 Less area off of Harbor. Good, but safe. Don't want to eat in my bullet proof vest:biggrin:

Last edited:
Yamabuki in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel has some pretty good Japanese food.

20 mins. south on the 5 fwy there is Taiko. Drive south on the 5 to Jeffrey Rd. Once off the off ramp you will be on Walnut. Go through the intersection and then make a left into the shopping center. There is a Weinesnitzel to the right and Taiko is in the same shopping center.

Yamabuki in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel has some pretty good Japanese food.

20 mins. south on the 5 fwy there is Taiko. Drive south on the 5 to Jeffrey Rd. Once off the off ramp you will be on Walnut. Go through the intersection and then make a left into the shopping center. There is a Weinesnitzel to the right and Taiko is in the same shopping center.

I'll check it out. Do you recommend making reservations? Should I expect a long.

I make my own resturant-quality sushi, so I'd say my standards are fairly high. I was impressed with a new restaurant that recently opened up called Tokyo House. It is fairly big, located in Irvine (at Jamboree and Alton) with good sushi at a good price. Nice art deco decor, too.

Last edited:
I'll check it out. Do you recommend making reservations? Should I expect a long.

I don't think they take reservations unless it is for a large party. We've never had to wait more than 10 mins.

If all else fails, you can never lose with Onami or Todai

OMg onami and todai are always lose. You like their stuff??? I found myself eating the other food and not the sushi at Onami (Torrance) and the todais are never really that great (been to a few)

I say Kobe Sushi in fountain valley... only cause thats all I know cause my Ex works there and the sushi is yum yum yum.

I'm a sushi addict...

oh yea, no I totally agree Onami and Todai are at the bottom of the list.

But if there's no other options I would go there. The Todai in Huntingon Beach seems to be better then the rest.

The best place in socal is Urasawa in Beverly Hills. Very very pricey, but OOOOh so good.

Todai in Orange (The Village) is WAY better than all the other Todai's. If you are looking for bulk sushi with variety of other foods hot/cold then their buffet is the way to go. It's not the best quality of course (no buffet ever is) but bang for the buck you can't beat it. It's also very safe to eat. A real bargain for lunch.

Jeff

Try Tokyo Love in Garden Grove....closer to you if you are in Anaheim. Great Sushi and Joe is an awesome Sushi Chef and the Sushi is always fresh.

12565 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 534-4751

+1 Taiko is Awsome!

Thanks for your recommendations, we just had dinner at a place called Miyako off of Chapman? I thought it was pretty good. Then headed to my brother's house in Somis Country Club in Ventura.

Last edited:
Back