• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for pictures of OEM 16/17 finishes and owner's experiences

I've been running a set of OEM 16/17 chrome wheels for a while and the chrome is flaking badly so am looking for replacements. I scoured the Wiki looking for pictures of what the original OEM finish options were but couldn't find any. In addition to chrome, I gather that some were a gunmetal color; some were a painted silver color; and some might have just had a machined look. Has anyone had any negative experience with the silver paint coming off like the chrome has a reputation for? I presume the machined ones maybe had a clear coat on them .. good/bad experiences?
Tks ...Ian

'94-'96 had solaris silver, the slightly darker "gunmetal-ish" finish

1994_NSX_Red_VA_012[1].jpg

'97-'01' had blades silver, the brighter machined finish
bladessilver.jpg

the clearcoat on my blades silver '01 wheels is peeling in a couple places. I will need to get them refinished at some point in the future.

'94-'96 had solaris silver, the slightly darker "gunmetal-ish" finish
the clearcoat on my blades silver '01 wheels is peeling in a couple places. I will need to get them refinished at some point in the future.
Tks vivanshah. Do you know if the 'gunmetal' finish is a painted finish .. or what? Talking to a local wheel shop, they said the chrome finish is a bitch to get off. I like the look of your '01 wheels .. I presume clear coat is much easier to blast off and refinish.

Back