Looking for NSX Owner around Huntington Beach CA to inspect NSX

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help and inspect a NSX in Huntington Beach, CA that is an experienced NSX owner (or technically minded etc..)

I am considering purchasing this car but I am in Washington and would appreciate if someone in the area did a inspection.

Thanks you very much.

Contact Autowave.

Contact Ramon at Niguel Motors for a second look (949) 348-2476. He is very qualified for what you need.

While Ramon is a good recommendation, you might also consider Jon Martin (Svc. Mgr) at Cerritos Acura. If you're in HB, he's probably closer to you and while I think Ramon is a good recommendation, you might take additional comfort in a PPI done at an Acura dealership. Esp. since Jon is one of the best in the business.

Food for thought.

Is any memeber available in the area just to do a basic inspection today or tomorrow? Unfortunately, both Ramon and the seller are quite busy people and prefer the other to come to their place :) This creates a deadlock...

I would greatly appreciate if a member could spend 30 minutes to give me their personal feel. If I purchase the car (woudl be down this weekend) would be happy to take you out to lunch :)

Thanks a lot!!!
-Paul

mynameisneo said:
Is any memeber available in the area just to do a basic inspection today or tomorrow? Unfortunately, both Ramon and the seller are quite busy people and prefer the other to come to their place :) This creates a deadlock...

I would greatly appreciate if a member could spend 30 minutes to give me their personal feel. If I purchase the car (woudl be down this weekend) would be happy to take you out to lunch :)

Thanks a lot!!!
-Paul
Paul -

Unless the seller has a lift, all anyone would be able to do for you is a cursory review of the car. A proper PPI involves putting the car up, checking for frame damage, and other items that should take at least an hour's worth of a competent mechanics time. Autowave used to charge about $100 for a PPI and I'm guessing Ramon and Cerritos Acura are in the same ballpark.

My unsolicited advice is that you're buying an exotic car. And even as reliable as these things are, you should approach the purchase in the same manner. Have the car properly inspected by a competent mechanic before you even think about buying airplane tickets, etc. There are simply way too many horror stories of folks buying "perfect" cars only to find out they've been in wrecks and not properly repaired.

I'm sure you can get someone in HB to take a look at paint condition, tires, interior condition, etc. pretty easily but again, I strongly, strongly encourage you to have a proper PPI done.

Any real seller shouldn't have a problem dropping his car off at Cerritos Acura for an hour while you foot the bill for the inspection. If the seller won't do that... walk away.

Thanks Dave for the offer, appreciate it.
I have agreed with the seller to buy the car as it is.
I have a one-way ticket there and plan to drive back so I'd rather be ignorant in case it's not as advertised!

Pics & maybe videos to come for the Highway 101 trip back!!

mynameisneo said:
Thanks Dave for the offer, appreciate it.
I have agreed with the seller to buy the car as it is.
I have a one-way ticket there and plan to drive back so I'd rather be ignorant in case it's not as advertised!

Pics & maybe videos to come for the Highway 101 trip back!!

:eek: You better have Jon Martin do a ppi....heres his number there

562-402-5281

Back