looking for nsx, need advice.

hello, im new to the boards here. ive been a nissn owner for several years, and its time to step up. im in the market for an nsx. id like to have a targa top, but i cannot find a definitive answer as to what years this was available. also, i keep hearing about this "snap ring" problem, would someone mind clearing up what exactly this is, or link me somewhere that i can read up on it?

thanks in advance.

nate

I went through every part of the FAQ section before I found my car. I also looked for about 3 months.

The snap ring problem only applies to 1991 and I think some '92s? Anyhow, just look for the tranny code to make sure and follow the advice in the FAQ.

I've had my car for a little over 2 weeks and I'm in love! You won't be sorry!

BTW- Autotrader is a good place to look, but also look for local specialty car dealerships (exotic type stuff, etc.) It also doesn't hurt to let these places know you're "looking" for certain year either, they may find one or take it in on trade.

The removable roof panel is on the model called the NSX-T, which was introduced for the 1995 model year. All NSXs before then were fixed-roof coupes; about 98 percent of NSXs from then on were NSX-T. You can find this in the FAQ by clicking on General Info - Changes by Year. You can read about the snap ring issue in the FAQ by clicking on Troubleshooting - Transmission (incl Snap Ring).

DrVolkl said:
The snap ring problem only applies to 1991 and I think some '92s?
It's the reverse - most of the '92 cars and a few of the '91.

thanks for your replies, looks like i have some reading ahead of me. ive fallen madly in love with the nsx after driving one; and can't wait to have one of my own.

Back