looking for NSX just son't know what year it is

i want to know which year it is when they first came out with the 290hp with the six speed and if the coupe was still available. this info will help me greatly in my quest for the NSX.:wink: btw i am new here so hello to everyone!

alright so now i know it's the '97 coupe in black with the manual tranny that i want. thanks for the help. i will keep yall updated when i buy it!:biggrin:

I'm wishing you luck finding the car you want. If you're in the US, finding a post 94 coupe is not easy. Apparently a large majority of them are T models. Finding one in a certain color (that isn't red) is going to be a challenge++.

wow i didn't realize how rare they are. but i guess i'm a little partial to black cars. i've had two '91 preludes before that were black. and the color has just stuck to me. i always said my preludes and the NSX were like fraternal twins seperated at birth. any ways black has to be the color for me.thanks for the heads up though.

canieaturchikn said:
wow i didn't realize how rare they are. but i guess i'm a little partial to black cars. i've had two '91 preludes before that were black. and the color has just stuck to me. i always said my preludes and the NSX were like fraternal twins seperated at birth. any ways black has to be the color for me.thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah I'm impartial to black cars as well. I was hoping for the same a while back, but have given up any hope of finding a 97+ black coupe. I started a thread about it here >>>>http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59585 Good luck in your quest in finding the right car.

Yeah - if we got word that you were going to paint a Zanardi black, we'd steal it from you the night before ;)

Just get a Targa.

If that doesnt work for you, get a 91-94.

If that doesnt work, then youre almost certainly pooched.

so what are the performance differences for 91-94 vs 97 coupe? i don't want the T because of it's increased weight. and if i get the Zanardi, you're all gonna kill me if i paint it black. what if i painted it Knight Hawk Black Metallic?:biggrin: j/k...can i import a Honda NSX type S zero?

canieaturchikn said:
so what are the performance differences for 91-94 vs 97 coupe? i don't want the T because of it's increased weight. and if i get the Zanardi, you're all gonna kill me if i paint it black. what if i painted it Knight Hawk Black Metallic?:biggrin: j/k...can i import a Honda NSX type S zero?
The biggest difference, other than the obvious, is the gear ratio. Without short gears (or a 6 speed), pre-'97 cars have a pretty boggy 1-2 shift. In your situation, I would look for a '91-'94 and get the shorties, I/H/E (to put you on par with the '97+), and FI (since you want more power) for the price of a '97+ and you'd have a very fast NSX. The 3.2 would be nice to have, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker... the 3.0 is capable of great things. :smile:

redshift said:
The biggest difference, other than the obvious, is the gear ratio. Without short gears (or a 6 speed), pre-'97 cars have a pretty boggy 1-2 shift. In your situation, I would look for a '91-'94 and get the shorties, I/H/E (to put you on par with the '97+), and FI (since you want more power) for the price of a '97+ and you'd have a very fast NSX. The 3.2 would be nice to have, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker... the 3.0 is capable of great things. :smile:

ahh..i see what you are saying. it would make more sense to buy a cheaper $ car and make it even faster. i like how you think. thanks for the advice i am seriously considering that.

Another black car fan here. So about how common are post 94 black T's? I really don't feel the need for a T (especially because I'd be worried about leakage) but I'm sure I could always be persuaded to get one :p. Anyone have any ideas on Canadian numbers?

Edit* I found em...looks like the US got more NSX's in 1991 than Canada did in `15 years. Hmm.

Back