Looking for info: JH4NA126XPT000458

Your best bet is to call Autowave. Kumho tires are not liked by many.
Depending on how serious you are, perhaps a prime member can check it out for you. Good luck.

Have you check with your insurance to see what they say about insuring salvage vehicles?

Yeah, best bet is to call autowave if owner doesn't chime in.

i ran a autocheck for you and its true its salvage by something other than accident infact on autocheck its has 0 reported accidents

but not all accidents are reported however and can just be fixed by owner without insurance knowing

if you want the report ill send it to you

Last edited:
Hey prime, I'm still looking for my first NSX and saw this on ebay today. 93 gpw, supercharged, salvaged. For the price, it piqued my interest.

In the video, I think he says its salvage because parts were stolen not a collision.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-...Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cb882849f#ht_939wt_1094

Any help on my NSX quest is appreciated! :)

That's not a bad deal. As for the salvage, I would recommend having the frame examined by a shop with the proper expertise. If there is no frame damage, then I think it's a good buy.

insurance companies will insure a salvaged car but they will not insure it for KBB only what you paid for it must show proof of sale price

great find, Tony. I forgot to put it through the decoder.

Are there any drawbacks/issues from having a car converted to manual?

Nope, other than cost. There are plenty of junked manuals out there to draw from.

Tony made a great catch - now you know the owner either isn't telling the whole story or doesn't know the whole story. This issue with the tranny would make me suspicous. Prime is a great resource. It's tempting but I think this is the kind of thing that makes the cars that are not salvaged or that have no accident history worth more. I'm glad I have one of those.

Yes, even if it was done correctly, that means the instrument cluster was changed. You'll have no way of knowing the true mileage. Also, I am pretty sure 1993 cars did not have the blue line for cold on the coolant temp, so the cluster in there is from a 91 or 92 car.

I walked away from this one. Not the right car for me.

Though I did get a chance to speak with the guy. He mentioned that the power steering is not right and needs to be checked out. My only thought is that as an automatic it had power steering and now they took it out or disconnected it??

I've read that if a car had PS then lost it, it does not feel the same as a car that never had PS to begin with.

Back