Looking for help importing US NSX into Canada

I'm new to this forum and looking for assistance in importing a NSX into Canada. Looking to purchase a Black NSX-T, 6spd, 55,000 mi. Car looks immaculate. Going to take a look at it on Dec. 16th, Could be an owner of a NSX by the new year, YIPEEEE...

So, a couple of questions, I'm pretty familar with the Registrar of Imported Vehicles ("RIV") process to import motor vehicles, I'm just not sure about the NSX specifically.

Does anyone know what modifications are required by the RIV to import a 1998 NSX-T?

Yes, I know a letter of recall status is required from the manufacturer.

How about Daytime Running Lights ("DRL's) Does anyone have any guidance on modifying a US spec NSX-T to affix running lights? I understand the front signal lights are modified to stay on while the car is in motion. Does anyone have specific instructions on how to accomplish this?

Anything else required by the RIV?

I've been reading a few of the posts and I'm looking forward to the NSX ownership experience. There is of course the car, but I'm also looking forward to some on the excursions and the people.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

Chelinski, in Toronto

Welcome,

The Canadian NSX owners section might be more helpful to you. Make sure you have original title in hand with a lien release, recall letter and bill of sale. DRL's will be required for the provincial inspection, however, there's no need for any installation and can be acheived very quickly by jumping certain inputs within the fuse box. For greater details, just do a search on my username.

Good luck in your search!!

Call me @ 416 819-2287..I can provide all the information and TRICKS.

The NSX Club of Canada help with this and any NSX issues.

Bram

I'm new to this forum and looking for assistance in importing a NSX into Canada. Looking to purchase a Black NSX-T, 6spd, 55,000 mi. Car looks immaculate. Going to take a look at it on Dec. 16th, Could be an owner of a NSX by the new year, YIPEEEE...

So, a couple of questions, I'm pretty familar with the Registrar of Imported Vehicles ("RIV") process to import motor vehicles, I'm just not sure about the NSX specifically.

Does anyone know what modifications are required by the RIV to import a 1998 NSX-T?

Yes, I know a letter of recall status is required from the manufacturer.

How about Daytime Running Lights ("DRL's) Does anyone have any guidance on modifying a US spec NSX-T to affix running lights? I understand the front signal lights are modified to stay on while the car is in motion. Does anyone have specific instructions on how to accomplish this?

Anything else required by the RIV?

I've been reading a few of the posts and I'm looking forward to the NSX ownership experience. There is of course the car, but I'm also looking forward to some on the excursions and the people.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

Chelinski, in Toronto

Search is your friend. I posted how I adapted a set of cheap driving lights from Canadian Tire to work as daytime running lights. After the RIV inspection it took about 5 seconds to remove them. It's not your front signal lights by the way - the Canadian cars actually have a separate light for DRL's that look like a small fog light and cost around $1000 from the dealer. That was why I went with the $50 driving lights to get by the inspection. Other things that you will need are child seat restraints and an airbag sticker on your sunvisor in french and english. You just order these from the dealer and the cost is something like $40 total.

Back