Looking for Asteroids video game in SoCal

I've been searching for the Asteroids arcade game to play forever. There used to be an arcade on Allen and Colorado in Pasadena but they turned it into a furniture store or something.

Quick story:

I found an Asteroids game in a 24 hour 7-11 in New Mexico, and I ended up playing for 26 hours straight. I had ships lined up across the screen. This was in 1983. Damn, I love the 80s!!! Everytime I had to use the restroom, I lost about 7-10 ships.

Well, do you know of a place that has Asteroids, and while you are at it, Ms. Pacman and Galaga? I'm looking for arcade games not computer games.

Do you want to challenge me to a game of Asteroids or Ms. Pacman? My high score in Ms. Pacman is 609,000.

Thanks!
John

I've been searching for the Asteroids arcade game to play forever. There used to be an arcade on Allen and Colorado in Pasadena but they turned it into a furniture store or something.

Quick story:

I found an Asteroids game in a 24 hour 7-11 in New Mexico, and I ended up playing for 26 hours straight. I had ships lined up across the screen. This was in 1983. Damn, I love the 80s!!! Everytime I had to use the restroom, I lost about 7-10 ships.

Well, do you know of a place that has Asteroids, and while you are at it, Ms. Pacman and Galaga? I'm looking for arcade games not computer games.

Do you want to challenge me to a game of Asteroids or Ms. Pacman? My high score in Ms. Pacman is 609,000.

Thanks!
John

I know these games now runs on pc with emulator. If you are interested, PM me. Almost all of the arcade games can be run on PC with an emulator.

Did you try these guys? They're in Glendale, CA, and deal in original restored coin-op games. They were featured on the History Channel in one of the 80's shows. There are a couple Asteroids machines listed in their inventory.

http://www.vintagearcade.net

Last edited:
You can also get it here new. My friend makes retro video game machine for many retail outlets, as well as for many celeberties. Here is his website:

www.hanaho.com

Let me know if you are interested, and I will try to work out a deal for you!:biggrin:

Golden Gopher (bar) in downtown LA used to have some table-style arcade classics, Ms. PacMan included. Totally fun to sit around, drink, and get your nostalgia on :biggrin:

Back