looking for aftermarket shocks for an old integra

hey guys,

i was wondering if you guys know where i can get aftermarket shocks for my '89 integra. it's old and it need a new set of shocks cuz right now it's really soft and loose.

i was thinking that while i was at it i'd like to try and drop it (if they had lowering shocks like the bilsteins for the nsx). but at the least, i'd need shocks that are a little stiffer than the oem '89 integra shocks.

any help is appreciated.

jbum

I also looking for a set of shocks for my 89 Integra. With 220K miles on the car, it's really soft and loose both on freeway and local streets. I checked tirerack and they are selling a set of KYB shocks for about $170. Maybe I will just change the rear, just to save some money.

I needed new shocks on my 88 Integra and replaced them with a set of Tokico Illuminas. The car was already lowered with Suspension Techniques coils in the rear that were cut one turn and the torsion bars adjusted in the front. With the set up, I absolutely loved the way the car handled.

Unfortunately, that was back in 1993. I don't know if that would help much now.

1G Teg.jpg

You can get KYP GR-2's for very cheap. They are meant to be stock replacements but are a little stiffer. On the Tire Rack they have the set of four for $154. Its a good bet all four of your shocks are shot. Better to do all of them at one time. Mo - Elite.

question about KYB GR-2s

thanks for all the replies... i checked out tirerack.com (didn't want to spend too much money on this car) for the kyb gr-2s.

one thing i was confused about were the rear "shocks" pictured for the 1989 integra.

i had thought all four ends had struts on this car. i've seen other replacements for this car such as tokicos and their "rear struts" look like "struts" and not shocks.

does anyone have clarification for this?
thanks a lot.

jbum

Back