Looking for a Repair Facility in Central LA.

I'm in Central Louisiana (Alexandria) and we do not have a Acura dealer here. Can somebody recomend a fairly close dealer or reputable repair facility that they have personally used with good results and a fair price?

If it's for routine service, like fluid changes, brake jobs, and tire replacements, any competent independent mechanic can handle those.

For complicated services (clutch replacements, timing belt replacements, etc) as well as problem analysis and resolution, you'll want to go somewhere that services a lot of NSXs. I suggest going to Goodson Acura in Dallas. Good folks.

nsxtasy said:
If it's for routine service, like fluid changes, brake jobs, and tire replacements, any competent independent mechanic can handle those.

For complicated services (clutch replacements, timing belt replacements, etc) as well as problem analysis and resolution, you'll want to go somewhere that services a lot of NSXs. I suggest going to Goodson Acura in Dallas. Good folks.
Yeah, they had a 97 Black on Black w/39K last month that I missed by a day.
They are 5-6 hrs away from me so I really would like somebody only a couple of hours away.

PM SoundSoul (Brett), he's in Gulfport and may be able to lead you to a closer repair location. Good Luck

coolnsx said:
PM SoundSoul (Brett), he's in Gulfport and may be able to lead you to a closer repair location. Good Luck
Gulfport is almost as far from Alexandria as Dallas is! (If you want to PM him, his username is spelled SNDSOUL.)

The problem, of course, is that you're not likely to find a mechanic with a lot of experience working on NSXs in an area where there aren't a lot of NSXs, such as rural areas and smaller cities. Even in medium-sized cities, there may be only one dealer; it may happen to be a dealer that cultivates NSX expertise, but more likely it isn't. (If I recall correctly, some people have posted less than complimentary reviews of the dealer in New Orleans, for example.)

If you like, you can use a good local independent mechanic without NSX expertise for even the most complicated services on your NSX. You just have to realize that he'll be learning as he goes, and may have to learn the "gotchas" and short cuts that experienced NSX mechanics already know, but at least you won't have to go far if any repair service doesn't fully correct the problem.

There must be SOMEBODY in Baton Rouge or Shreveport who can work on a NSX. Btw, what do you need done.

NSXLuvr said:
There must be SOMEBODY in Baton Rouge or Shreveport who can work on a NSX. Btw, what do you need done.
The A/C is not blowing cold and will not take, or circulate existing freon.
Sounds like a brake dust shield or something is loose on the passenger side.
Maybe this is just me, but I think the wheel bearing is going out on the pass. side also. I think I hear a slight grinding noise or something.
I know most of this should be able to be done by a normal mechanic which I do have, but the A/C I'm thinking needs to be diagnoised at the dealer.

Back