Looking for a NSX!

So ever since I was 14 years old and had the "Welcome to the New World" NSX poster on my wall I've been lusting for once ever since.

Now I'm in a position to purchase an NSX this year! I currently own a 2007 Honda S2000 and I'm a member on the S2KI forum. I've read many posts and articles on both cars and truly believe they are different beasts. Still I'm unsure as to what model year NSX to look for. Considering this is my first NSX I want to stick to something between the range of $20,000 U.S. to $30,000 U.S. I presume 91-95 model years?

What do you suggest for model years and what can I expect in terms of average mileage? In Canada (where I originated from but now reside in Dubai) I was familiar with kilometer per year averages and wanted to know what should be the miles average per year for an NSX.

My goal is to import the car to me in Dubai and use it often but keep it for many many years. We do not have the service facilities for an NSX here either so my second question is what to expect for maintenance regularly.

Thanks for any input you have.

Jetpilot3

Median mileage on NSXs is 5,000 miles per year.

You can find information about maintenance in the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). Click on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of this web page, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

I would not buy or own an NSX in a country where they are extremely rare and there is no mechanic with a lot of experience working on them.

Thanks for the replies...keep them coming.

I'm not concerned with importing the NSX to the UAE as I plan on purchasing a box of oil and air filters and whatever other items I can within reason. I'd like to think that the Honda dealerships, one in particular with a
S2000 expert, will work on the car if needed. It won't be my daily driver (that's what the S is for) so if parts need to be ordered from Canada or the U.S. then that's okay with me. I'd drive it occassionally anway until I return to Canada.

I have a mate who collects Lamborghini's and even though there's a dealership here they are by no means true experts on the vintage models. I'm a huge fan of the NSX and have always wanted one so I'll keep researching models and issues and make an informed decision.

Cheers,
Jetpilot3

Back