Looking for a good.....

mechanic/shop that can perform the timing belt change and 60k service for a good price. I'm in the WASH DC area. Please PM me..

p.s. Does anyone know if the timing service comes with oil and plug change?

Has anyone skipped the 60k and did the oil/plug/filters on there own?

I have a 95 with 45k miles.

thanks

mul1gan said:
mechanic/shop that can perform the timing belt change and 60k service for a good price. I'm in the WASH DC area. Please PM me..
Davis Acura is on the other side of Philadelphia from you, and does a huge amount of NSX service. I realize that's a hundred miles away, but it's an option. Perhaps someone in the DC area can provide a closer recommendation.

mul1gan said:
p.s. Does anyone know if the timing service comes with oil and plug change?

Has anyone skipped the 60k and did the oil/plug/filters on there own?
You should realize that any service, such as a "60K service" or a "90K service", is merely a bundling of various service tasks that are due at the same time. Anyplace that does service work can "bundle" or "unbundle" the services they do.

For example, you can ask for "a 90K service", and the dealer/shop will do everything that is scheduled for 90K miles. Or, you can ask them for a "timing belt and water pump replacement" and they will only do that particular service. They'll be happy to do exactly what you ask for.

You can review the scheduled maintenance recommendations in your owner's manual and decide what makes sense at any particular point in time.

The 60K service is recommended every 60K miles or 4 years, whichever comes first, but is almost identical with the 30K service that is recommended every 30K miles or 2 years. Please note that the 60K service includes not only the oil and filters and plugs you mention, but also the fluids (brake fluid, transmission fluid). The fluids are very important services as well, since they deteriorate over time as well as mileage.

One item that I strongly recommend doing at the same time as the timing belt and water pump, as good preventive maintenance, is replacing the cooling system hoses (at least the large ones, if not all of them).

Back