Looking for a Good/Expensive Body Shop in Greensboro/Winston-Salem NC area......

I know this isn't the area for this....but if anybody is in the Charlotte NC area, I'd really appreciate any help you can give.

I let my mother drive my TSX home to NC and was going to drive it back home when I went up there in a couple weeks.

She was out last night in the Charlotte NC area (about 90 miles from where she lives in Asheboro) and was rear-ended by someone in a 95 Chevy truck. The guy who was driving jumped out of his car and ran off into the woods.

He hit her so hard that even after he stopped and my car was knocked into park, it still went about another 1,000 feet. When the police came and contacted the owner of the car from the license plate, she came there and claimed the "car must have been stolen". However, the guy driving had her keys and she hadn't reported it stolen before this.......fishy that someone could have your keys and car but you don't know it's gone...but whatever. Police said the truck reeked of acohol, so that's probably why the guy ran.

Anyway, I only have what I've been told to go on but what I've been told is that the back of my car is pretty crushed in, the sunroof opened on its own and the front seats went all the way back on their tracks on their own as well as the car still traveling while in park.

The cops told my mother the car looked totalled, but when I called my insurance company today the gave me the line about how "totalled" is an objective opinion. The woman who owns the truck that hit my car had an insurance card for Allstate Insurance, so hopefully she actually has a policy with them or I'll be stuck having to get it paid through my insurance.

Doesn anybody know a really excellent body shop in the Charlotte area that can give me a good, honest opinion on the car and hopefully get it totalled or if there's no way to get it totalled then repair it to the point that it looks perfect and brand new again? Although, I'd prefer it it gets totalled by the insurance.

The car was taken away by Bradley's Wrecker Service on Betty Ford Rd.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me on finding a trustworthy, reliable, and high-end body shop in Charlotte.

Last edited:
Paragon Collision in Raleigh and Kenny Hawkins Automotive in Cary are 2 of the best body shops in NC in my opinion, and I am in the automobile business.

Re: Looking for Trustworthy/High-end body shop in Charlotte NC area......

On the thread I started on the S2000 board I was told that Import Paint and Body on Independence was the best in the Charlotte area by 3 different posters........... has anyone here had any work done by them? If so, would you recommend them?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=304124

tbck2793 said:
.....I was told that Import Paint and Body on Independence was the best in the Charlotte area by 3 different posters..... has anyone here had any work done by them?
My neighbor had the hood of his BMW 750 painted by Import and it looked great. He is an old-time Charlottean and felt that they were the best too. I understand that Beck's Mercedes sends their work to Import. Hear that they are expensive though.

I have no personal experience but the service manager at Hendrick Acura said that they send most of their Acuras to:

Collision Specialties
13607 Independence Blvd
Indian Trail, NC 28079-8699 Phone: (704) 882-1150

I did talk with them but ended up having my small dent removed by a dent wizzard technique. I have heard good things about them and there is a very favorable post referenced below under "Similar Threads".

Last edited:

OLDE GUY said:
My neighbor had the hood of his BMW 750 painted by Import and it looked great. He is an old-time Charlottean and felt that they were the best too. I understand that Beck's Mercedes sends their work to Import. Hear that they are expensive though.

Great thanks....."expensive" sounds good to me because I'm really hoping that the car will be considered totalled....but if not then I'd like the best fix possible....especially since it won't be my insurance paying for it.

Back