• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for a 02-05 nsx

HI guys I'm new to the forum.I have finally decided buying a nsx.I test drove my friend's 96 and feel deeply in love with the handling and performance. I don't want to be rush, I rather wait and find the right one for myself. Because I will keep this car for a very long time. Probably bring it to the grave. I'm very happy to join this forum and I've found a lot of useful knowledge for the members.

year 02-05
exterior red
interior black or red ( no tan)
6 speed.
must be clean title and accident free.
modification are ok with me as long as those are tasteful set up.

There are only 54 cars made that meet your criteria. So you may be waiting a very long time for the "right one"

^correct... I was set on my Silver/onyx combo and it had taken me almost two years to find the right one. even traveled across the country multiple times to see the car in person and not buy it.

take your time and dont settle!

Production numbers table gets kind of hard to read for the 2002 numbers, here's an edited version of it

nsxproduction2002.gif

Oops, sorry, I missed the fact he would like red/red as well, so add a whopping 8 cars to the amount of cars made that meet the requirements, so there would be 62 made total that could meet the requirements.

there was a 05 red/ red with 7k miles selling in chicago last year but i was working on my down payment onm y new house so didnt jump on it. now its long gone.

I think you should expand your color choice. You may be waiting for a long time. Condition matters more than color. Don't give up a great car because its not red if you do like any other colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Good God there are twenty eight 2005 silverstone/silverstone NSX's in the US. And I thought this was a popular color.

Good God there are twenty eight 2005 silverstone/silverstone NSX's in the US. And I thought this was a popular color.

Silver *is* the most popular color. The real funny thing is that red is the not the most popular. There are more silver/black 2005 NSXs than all the red 2005s combined.

List of manual exterior 2005 colors:
silver: 74 (31%)
black: 57 (24%)
red: 45 (19%)
blue: 26 (11%)
yellow: 25 (10%)
white: 7 (3%)
imola: 6 (3%)

Silver *is* the most popular color. The real funny thing is that red is the not the most popular. There are more silver/black 2005 NSXs than all the red 2005s combined.

List of manual exterior 2005 colors:
silver: 74 (31%)
black: 57 (24%)
red: 45 (19%)
blue: 26 (11%)
yellow: 25 (10%)
white: 7 (3%)
imola: 6 (3%)

I know but one of 28 is still so RARE in car world. Even 74 total 2005 silverstones... That's still rare. They are ALL very rare.

royis,

Good luck in your search. I think the color red is harder to sell than other colors. I used to own a red car back in the days and I vowed never to buy red again. That color becomes nasty overtime in the sun. If you ever decide to buy aftermarket hood, wing, etc and paint it red, you gotta paint the whole car because red is hard to match. I see a lot of red car with different color red tone w/ their aftermarket parts painted. Overtime, it fades away different than the original red paint.

Anyhow, buy the color that makes you happy.

Like other said, open up your color options...make life easier when you find your car.

Last edited:
royis,

Good luck in your search. I think the color red is harder to sell than other colors. I used to own a red car back in the days and I vowed never to buy red again. That color becomes nasty overtime in the sun. If you ever decide to buy aftermarket hood, wing, etc and paint it red, you gotta paint the whole car because red is hard to match. I see a lot of red car with different color red tone w/ their aftermarket parts painted. Overtime, it fades away different than the original red paint.

Anyhow, buy the color that makes you happy.

Like other said, open up your color options...make life easier when you find your car.
My guess is that the majority of NSX's rarely sit in the sun often. Especially the 00-05s due to the cost. Plus the paint job that Honda put on these cars is vary durable. I had a Red 91 and as a 22 yr old car with 107K miles the paint looked just as bright as a 95 garage queen with 20K miles. After the year 2000 they are all rare and beautiful. Though, I have an Imola, I'm partial to the Long Beach Blue Pearl. The point is keep an open mind and the right one will find you. I'm not giving up the Imola though.

I have owned 4 red cars in the past. for my opinion the red is really standing out and bring out the exotic look. I know its rare to found a perfect but i rather wait because I will keep the car for very long time.

I saw this listing which I'm really interested but I can't deal with the tan interior. Or else i will jump on this.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ed-Tan-26k-mi-02-Conversion-JH4NA2168YT000094

^^ those both look great minus the chrome wheels, but is that mileage right? 2500? Man that's a brand new car.

Back