• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Looking for '93+ model for under 30k

Looking for '93+ model for under 33k

With the following criteria:

Private owner preferred (unless it's a GREAT car in my price range)
Preferably under 70k miles.
No dents, accidents, rust, faded paint. (garaged preferred)
CLEAN title
Manual tranny
Preferably black, red, dark grey
Stock - please no heavily modified ones
Be willing to let the car be examined (an acura tech or PPI)

I live in the Bay Area (California) and can only purchase it if I can see/drive/inspect it.

I hope it's not asking too much.

Last edited:
I think the only thing you'll have trouble with is the price - bump it up to under $40k with the rest of your criteria, and you'll have a few to look at.

Good luck!

I was looking at a car at Livermore Honda, I think that is in your area.

The car is supposed to be all original except for some aftermarket rims.

Paint is supposed to be original, but you would have to look and see.

The mileage was in the high 70's, but I think the guy came down to $28,500.00, so it might be worth looking at for you.

Livermore Car

Since you say 93+ I'm guessing you want the passenger airbag, r134 A/C, cupholder and want to avoid snap ring risk (though snap ring is not that big of a deal if you negotiate the price down on a 91-92 that is in range). Finding a 93+ model in the $30K price range might be a little tough, but a 91-92 can be had. I am in Livermore. If you want me to check the car at the Livermore Honda dealership out for you let me know (in fact, I'll go there anyway). I bought a '92 with 36K miles for under $30K (asking price was above $30K) here in the Bay Area. It just took some looking around. You can look at mine if you want to get an idea of a very clean pre 93 condition for around $30K looks like. I got a really good deal from a really good guy. A 91-93 car with 70K or less miles can be found for $30K (or under). Once you get to 91-92 model year cars that have less than 40K miles or 94+ model year (reasonable mileage), the price is usually above $30K.

Last edited:
Re: Livermore Car

mickeylex said:
Since you say 93+ I'm guessing you want the passenger airbag, r134 A/C, cupholder and want to avoid snap ring risk (though snap ring is not that big of a deal if you negotiate the price down on a 91-92 that is in range). Finding a 93+ model in the $30K price range might be a little tough, but a 91-92 can be had. I am in Livermore. If you want me to check the car at the Livermore Honda dealership out for you let me know (in fact, I'll go there anyway). I bought a '92 with 36K miles for under $30K (asking price was above $30K) here in the Bay Area. It just took some looking around. You can look at mine if you want to get an idea of a very clean pre 93 condition for around $30K looks like. I got a really good deal from a really good guy. A 91-93 car with 70K or less miles can be found for $30K (or under). Once you get to 91-92 model year cars that have less than 40K miles or 94+ model year (reasonable mileage), the price is usually above $30K.

I've chose '93+ models because of the snap ring issue. I was looking at one this past week. It was a '93 with about 58k miles on it and asking $29k. Upon seeing it in person I found crease/fold lines on the right/passenger front fender, a faided spoiler, repainted roof, and chrome peeling from the stock wheels. It was in the right price range, but the fender damage worries me. So...I'm thinking I CAN find a '93 in that same price range, and hopefully no body damage.

As for the livermore one, can you provide more details? Like what color, manual, options? etc. I'd love to check it out this weekend if possible.

Livermore NSX

I will check out the Livermore one when I get home later today. I'll post some info tonight.

I saw your post in the other forum about the 93 you saw. That car sounds a little too neglected IMHO. You are right, you can find a '93 under $29K, but many of them will be pretty rough (or very high mileage). That is not to say that a clean one can't be found, it will just take some time and you will have to be patient as you look at lots of used NSXs. When looking for a used NSX I tell people to look for a very well cared for car and pay a couple thousand more if you have to. To give you an idea, my friend just bought a '93 (beautiful Sebring Silver) with 26K miles, maintained with documentation, 2nd owner, timing belt, water pump done, for just a bit more than $32K.

I'll let you know what I find out on the Livermore car.

Here is some information I received on the car from the dealership:

Paint is Orig.
No Accidents.
Timing belt has been done.
Interior/Exterior = excellent condition.
No problems w/car.

Contact information:

Greg Boynton
Fleet/Internet Manager Livermore Honda
New/Pre-Owned Vehicles
[email protected]
925/245-6218
M-Sat: 10-6

I do not know if they still have the car, but I think they do. I was speaking to them last week.

Good Luck

Sorry about that.

The car is a 93, red/black, 5 spd- aftermarket rims

You might want to call first because I do not see the ad. I did see the ad earlier this week, so it might have run out or something.

Damage said:
With the following criteria:

Preferably black, red, dark grey

97' is when honda came out with kaiser silver for the US market. The kaiser silver is more of a dark silver whereas the sebring silver 91 - 93 is a very light silver.

Andymi said:
Sorry about that.

The car is a 93, red/black, 5 spd- aftermarket rims

You might want to call first because I do not see the ad. I did see the ad earlier this week, so it might have run out or something.

Called and left a msg.

Edit: It's sold. :(

Re: Re: Looking for '93+ model for under 30k

hlweyl said:
97' is when honda came out with kaiser silver for the US market. The kaiser silver is more of a dark silver whereas the sebring silver 91 - 93 is a very light silver.

Really? Damn. I really like that dark silver too. I like the black but I heard black is a nightmare to clean so the dark silver would've been the next best choice.

sold, dang

At the price that was mentioned earlier, no wonder it sold already. Ah well, guess I won't go by the dealership then. I was looking forward to checking it out too. Well, if you need help looking at other NSXs in the Tri-Valley (Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, etc) area, PM me and I can help.

93 + nsx

I have a 93 white clean other than painted roof. manual, black interior, carfax certified with 58k miles. only problem , it's in PA.
$31000

Re: 93 + nsx

OUTCOLDCARS said:
I have a 93 white clean other than painted roof. manual, black interior, carfax certified with 58k miles. only problem , it's in PA.
$31000

That's a little bit out of the way...

Back