Looking at getting a house....

Yeah well i'm sure this post shows my age.... Anyway, with so many rules and twists is there any advice anyone can give me from their experiences? I've been talking to co-workers and in all due honesty it didn't take me long to round up all my paper work considering I only have so much stuff. (as far as considering how much $$ I could get as far as pre-approval). This is kinda nerve-racking considering how much stuff I'd be giving up once I do get a house (hpde events etc.) But it's obviously a step I need to get into...

thanks for any advice.

-xavier-

right now it's a seller's market. unfortunately for you. especially california, arizona, nevada... Lower price ranges move more quickly than higher. Get an inspection. and a home warranty. make sure your agent is doing some work, not just sending you out on your own to check out places...

hlweyl said:
location, location, location.
Absolutely!!

And buy as much house as you can afford without having to devote your entire life to paying for it. You need to be able to continue doing the other things in your life that you enjoy. It's a compromise.

jcjcf1 said:
Absolutely!!

And buy as much house as you can afford without having to devote your entire life to paying for it. You need to be able to continue doing the other things in your life that you enjoy. It's a compromise.

What he said and try to find the worst looking house in the best looking neighborhood. i tried it and after 5 years of fixing her up, she now looks like all the other houses and it costed me very little $$$.

I agree, find the worst house on the block and buy it! Then put in some sweat equity and watch your cash equity grow.

I feel buying a house is easier than a car. The only important part is to decide where you want to live. Don't think those million dollar home has a 30year fixed loan. What I am saying is that when shopping for a home, do you home work on loan programs as well. You will be suprise how much home you can really afford.

Back