looking at a 92 NSX.. need help?

Hey everyone. For the longest time I have dreamed of owning a NSX. Now I am in a position that I can own one. So I came across a 1992 sebring silver NSX at a local dealer. The asking price is $24,999. The car shows excellent. Here are the pros and cons of it. Pros, I think I can get it for $24k out the door (tax and licence included) Its Sebring Silver! I love that color. The cons, Its an automatic (I honestly dont mind it), and it has 108k miles on it. I guess my questions are. #1 does it sound like a good deal? #2 Anything I should look for when I go check it out today? #3 any problems with the auto tranny?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Kevin

For starters, if you initially wanted a manual but decided to settle for a auto.....that is a mistake. Most likely later down the road you 'll wish you had waited and then start contemplating on switching transmissions $$$ (some ppl on this board have done it and its $$). Also keep in mind that an automatic transmission is alot more expensive to rebuild when the need arises. 108 k miles is not awhole lot of miles on your engine but on your auto tranny it might mean a soon rebuild. If your still serious about this nsx, I would take it to a certified nsx tech to check all the ins and outs of the car. Good luck.

I agree, don't get the auto unless that is what you really want. There are too many good NSX's out there with manuals, plus auto's don't hold their value quite as well.

If you really want it pay for an independent PPI.

Back