Looking at 95 Comptech NSX, What the AVG RWHP?

4MM

I am looking into a 95 NSX with a dealer installed Comptech supercharger. It had the factory dealer installed tune with no other mods. What HP/TQ should the car put to the wheels? What would a stock 95 NSX put down? I am interested in your responses to see if it is worth the extra $$ the owner wants for the car since it's supercharged.

Finally, what results should I expect from the addition of Comptech headers and exhaust? Would I need a tune for these additions?

Thanks.

It should put down some where around 350 whp with exhaust and headers. You can find more information if your use the search feature.

good luck!

That's a little harsh...

For people wanting a quieter AM exhaust I think the CT is a fine option. As far as performance I've heard nothing to indicate it's any more restrictive than any other name brand exhaust.

Maybe a little harsh. I don't think it's too restrictive, but that thing is so darn heavy! If I wanted to keep fairly quiet I would go with the ARK DT-X. I think it's still louder that the CT though.

Maybe a little harsh. I don't think it's too restrictive, but that thing is so darn heavy! If I wanted to keep fairly quiet I would go with the ARK DT-X. I think it's still louder that the CT though.

You are correct about that. There are certainly lighter exhausts and exhausts that appear to perform better than others but if you want to play you've usually got to pay. The ARK DT-X is a great value but it is louder than the CT.

The Dali Wishuponastar is basically modeled after the CT. It's much cheaper and has the same build quality and sound level as the CT but is also just as heavy. The old Dali Rice Rocket was modeled after the ARK DT-S and was loud as hell.

Of course nothing beats a Tubi or GT-One! :wink:

the tubi exhaust has relatively small tubing compared to a comptech exhaust or an ARC titanium (i've had all three) point being tubi is great for sound,but not the best choice for forced induction applications
thanks

tom

the tubi exhaust has relatively small tubing compared to a comptech exhaust or an ARC titanium (i've had all three) point being tubi is great for sound,but not the best choice for forced induction applications
thanks

tom

Is that your car in your avatar? :biggrin:

What year is that - looking sweet! Any larger pics somewhere?

I'm shopping for a white 02+ white nsx just as an FYI :)

late
rick

I am looking into a 95 NSX with a dealer installed Comptech supercharger. It had the factory dealer installed tune with no other mods. What HP/TQ should the car put to the wheels? What would a stock 95 NSX put down? I am interested in your responses to see if it is worth the extra $$ the owner wants for the car since it's supercharged.

Finally, what results should I expect from the addition of Comptech headers and exhaust? Would I need a tune for these additions?

Thanks.

Do you know if the CTSC is the Whipple or the Autorotor? I have the Autorotor CTSC with Comptech headers, Comptech Intake, and a custom 3" exhaust and I put down 354 rwhp. Before I installed the blower I put down 260 rwhp with the basic bolt-ons. I think the low boost Whipple superchargers put down a little less power compared to the low boost Autorotor superchargers.

I definitely think the CTSC is worth it and feel that the extra power is how the NSX should have come from the factory. Below is my dyno plot pre/post CTSC install.

Post_CTSC_Dyno2.jpg

big turbo man my self.

turbos and CT SC serve two different purpose.

the CT CS is if you want a daily driver that is smog legal and easy to drive, easy to maintain. Just install it and forget it.

The turbo of course is aimed at someone who wants all out performance with out a care in the world to emission legality. Also turbos are more money and definitely needs to be custom tuned. Costs are higher but once you owned any turbo car.... an absence of a turbo becomes unbearable. :biggrin:

go turbo, nothing beats a turbo! get the lovefab turbo kit

if i post that I want a new cupholder on my sc'd nsx am I going to hear the same useless advice?

"hey guy! My nsx just got keyed! crap!"

-->"You should dump the supercharger. yay Lovefab!"

jesus dude you must have a full time boner for that system. I'm sure it's nice, and i'd love to have one too, but no one else gives a crap. really. No...i mean, really.

if i post that I want a new cupholder on my sc'd nsx am I going to hear the same useless advice?

jesus dude you must have a full time boner for that system. I'm sure it's nice, and i'd love to have one too, but no one else gives a crap. really. No...i mean, really.

I think a ghost told him he must promote the lovefab system or else!

My '95 made 236 rwhp bone stock, after adding the Comptech autorotor (standard pulley), Comptech headers and Taitec GTLW exhaust I dyno'd 326 rwhp. I'm at high altitude making just 4.5 lbs of boost though, so your gains should be higher.

Will

go turbo, nothing beats a turbo! get the lovefab turbo kit

this guy's been starting waves in every thread he posts.

i acturally laughed. :biggrin:

in regards to the thread, the dyno chart is pretty typical.

Thanks.

95 3.0 liter engine should have 320-330 RWHP with the CTSC. A stock engine would be closer to 220-230. Can't tell you if it is worth the extra because I don't know what that extra is, but a new CTSC system goes from 10-13K plus installation. Some were sold on a group buy here for less.

You don't need a tune of any sort, just make sure the SC has fresh oil, and that the belt is tight and in good shape. The CTSC needs almost zero maintenace. Comptech exhaust and headers are excellent quality just like all their stuff. They tend to be one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts.

Personally I have a hard time going back to stock after having had a CTSC.

I dyno'd 348 whipple SC, but I agree about the CT exhaust. Way to quiet and I'm not a huge fan of the sound. I only have Comptech Performance parts and had it installed by Acura at the same time, so at first I was worried about the warranty. But it's been working for many years and miles and enjoyment, so Im just sticking it out. Definatly better alternatives out there. I didnt want to go mix and match and have low #'s:wink: Had that issue with other cars and wound up spending for the same parts more than once.

Back