Look what showed up at the door!!

New goodies!!!

89D996BD-423F-4B01-A381-1BEBF6F26097-579-000000328DF80780.jpg

I only opened one, but the weave and color uniformity, are PERFECT. No waves, no extra clearcoat drips, very nice sturdy inner grille... not some cheese. Expensive suckers, but man they are impressive.

Dude nooooooo don't do it! Your car is beautiful... Why f'up the lines! List it on the hellaflush thread.... But I guess you like it or you wouldn't have bought it so my stupid comment will just get ignored

I'm not sure how it would look on a silver NSX but hey he will save a lbs. or 2 AND get better air flow :biggrin:

Dude nooooooo don't do it! Your car is beautiful... Why f'up the lines! List it on the hellaflush thread.... But I guess you like it or you wouldn't have bought it so my stupid comment will just get ignored

Butter we can't all be the same. Variety is the spice of life. LOL...

Trust me on this I have a whole plan. You can't design throwing things together just because you like one part or another. This is my master plan, hear me out:

Silverstone is quite dark. It really is borderline not silver. It looks terrific with black CF. My DF wing, when the car is clean, looks awesome despite its rather funky looking not-so-integrated shape that the R wing is naturally. There is a sea of carbon on the rear and everyone comments positively on it. When you get to the side, you don't see any black on the body. Only the small side section of the wing. The CF vent will just pickup the color and texture of the wing, and carry it onto the side. From there, my semi gloss advan RS's will continue that theme lower down. My calipers, which I will have refinished, will be silverstone and pickup the body color INSIDE the wheel. My floating rotor bolts on the stoptech kit I will chrome plate. There are 10, same number and distance as the wheel spokes on the RSII. Chrome plated they look like jewelry inside the wheel around the rotor, but they are small so not gaudy. I will pickup that round bright dots theme a little further in with some bright open end lugnuts. The front lip I am changing to a carbon one, but I will only keep the center section under the main vent carbon. The sides will be silverstone. That leaves subtle amounts of carbon strategically placed around the car and will tie everything together.

At worst, if I don't like the DF scoop, I can sell it on here. Plenty of customers. It took many many months to get this. You see there is a whole master plan. :D

I've seen them on a silver NSX and they look kick ass. :cool:

Where did you get them?

They will look even better on silverstone that Sebring or kaizer. Silverstone is quite dark. I got them from thomas at downforce. These are hard to make apparently. Took a long time. But the wait was worth it. It is very well done. The inner grille mounting can be improved upon, which I will do myself. The main thing is that the carbon weave and finish are first rate.

Last edited:
They look Great.

I would have had them on my car quite some time ago if I was confident the vibration/movement while driving wouldn't scratch the quarter panels outside of where the OEM vents cover.

Anyone have experience in this? Even with some sort of rubber in between, I feel like it will leave rub marks on the quarter panel whereas they are much more aggressive than the oem vents.

They look Great.

I would have had them on my car quite some time ago if I was confident the vibration/movement while driving wouldn't scratch the quarter panels outside of where the OEM vents cover.

Anyone have experience in this? Even with some sort of rubber in between, I feel like it will leave rub marks on the quarter panel whereas they are much more aggressive than the oem vents.

I doubt this very much. I think it's a non-issue. It is bolted to the fender and moves with it, it's not like a motor and motor mount. It's just not two vibrating surfaces. It's like saying a wing will scratch the trunk or a lip will scratch the nose.

I wish DF made them as wide as the NSX-R GT's :( :(
<sniffle>

It's wide enough man, any wider it would be too over the top IMO. It's like stock+. That's what I like mi amigo. :D

I doubt this very much. I think it's a non-issue. It is bolted to the fender and moves with it, it's not like a motor and motor mount. It's just not two vibrating surfaces. It's like saying a wing will scratch the trunk or a lip will scratch the nose.

Agreed. But it bolts over the factory painted part of the body. That if you remove these, there will be exposed paint that was previously covered. A wing will scratch the trunk isn't a valid comparison because wing's bolt in the factory location. If you're talking about a wing that sits atop of the quarter panels, then yes we have a comparison. Ask me how I know, years ago I had a Seibon Carbon NSX spoiler on my car that sat upon the tops of the quarter panels and did show rub marks afterwards.

If they sit directly in the factory location then I am very interested. Where did you source them? Cost?

Last edited:
Chris it doesn't bolt over anything.

Butter we can't all be the same. Variety is the spice of life. LOL...

Trust me on this I have a whole plan. You can't design throwing things together just because you like one part or another. This is my master plan, hear me out:

Silverstone is quite dark. It really is borderline not silver. It looks terrific with black CF. My DF wing, when the car is clean, looks awesome despite its rather funky looking not-so-integrated shape that the R wing is naturally. There is a sea of carbon on the rear and everyone comments positively on it. When you get to the side, you don't see any black on the body. Only the small side section of the wing. The CF vent will just pickup the color and texture of the wing, and carry it onto the side. From there, my semi gloss advan RS's will continue that theme lower down. My calipers, which I will have refinished, will be silverstone and pickup the body color INSIDE the wheel. My floating rotor bolts on the stoptech kit I will chrome plate. There are 10, same number and distance as the wheel spokes on the RSII. Chrome plated they look like jewelry inside the wheel around the rotor, but they are small so not gaudy. I will pickup that round bright dots theme a little further in with some bright open end lugnuts. The front lip I am changing to a carbon one, but I will only keep the center section under the main vent carbon. The sides will be silverstone. That leaves subtle amounts of carbon strategically placed around the car and will tie everything together.

At worst, if I don't like the DF scoop, I can sell it on here. Plenty of customers. It took many many months to get this. You see there is a whole master plan. :D

They will look even better on silverstone that Sebring or kaizer. Silverstone is quite dark. I got them from thomas at downforce. These are hard to make apparently. Took a long time. But the wait was worth it. It is very well done. The inner grille mounting can be improved upon, which I will do myself. The main thing is that the carbon weave and finish are first rate.

Wow dude you really thought this through. Can't wait to see pictures once you've got your setup together. Start a thread "Turbo's NSX Vanity shots". Sounds like the finished setup will be killer! When I visit my cousins in Canton Massachusetts this fall maybe I can see it in person.

Here are a few photos. It's just a bad ass part. Very mean. No, not stock, not "clean" for the purists but man.... It looks good.

Took me about 2 hours. Did it outside in the parking lot, it was a nice day. I'll post details later. The CF is exquisite but the mesh grille fastening needs work. It's almost unacceptable for such an expensive part.

70E29B6F-4230-47BD-B5AE-FD07CDF1A17A-1181-000000606432E49D.jpg

2915E8C6-7DCB-4DCD-8EEE-7F9FAE84F59C-1181-000000605A7D1773.jpg

0E2D208C-FE3B-43B8-979D-65ED2B93514F-1181-000000606C968CF1.jpg

0E2D208C-FE3B-43B8-979D-65ED2B93514F-1181-000000606C968CF1.jpg

Matches my DF carbon RWG and R wing perfectly. Looks much better in person guys. I'm very happy.

I recommend putting a clear bra on that thing. It could be a rock chip magnet with the way it sticks out.

It looks great though. I was never a fan before, but I guess my attitude changed a little after the R8 started doing that carbon sideblade.

Back