longterm maintenance cost nsx vs porsche

i'm sure nsx will cost more to maintain than acura RL or TL (parts only, i'd guess labor rate at acura dealer would be the same).. but by how much? how much do most maintenance costs compare to porsche carrera's?
for ex, oil change at dealers seem to give a good synopsis of overall maintenance costs, highend bmw&benz=$120, carrera=~$200, nsx=??

Keep in mind that the air cooled Porsches took about 10 quarts of oil, in part because the oil was used as a coolant. That adds a fair ol' bit to the oil change tab.

Also it would help to specify which Carrera you mean. For example, the 993 cars no longer required valve adjustements, which were quite costly in prior Carreras.

If you mean the 993, I've owned both cars, and would say theyre about equal overall. The costlier oil changes are more than offset by the NSX tire changes. ;)

It's pretty easy to estimate the cost of scheduled maintenance for the NSX. Just go to the NSX FAQ (click FAQ on the first red bar at the top of your screen), then click on Maintenance, then on Costs. If you're interested in seeing what services are performed at each interval, click on Maintenance, then on Schedule.

ProV1 said:
oil change at dealers seem to give a good synopsis of overall maintenance costs, highend bmw&benz=$120, carrera=~$200, nsx=??
NSX oil changes require 5.3 quarts of oil, and the OEM oil filter lists for $14. Using synthetic oil (e.g. Mobil 1), the cost at a dealer or independent mechanic is typically $50-75; using conventional oil, $30-50. If you do it yourself, figure $24 for a case of synthetic 10W30 at Sam's or Costco, plus $10-11 for the filter (at one of the places that discounts them).

Back