Long time lurker, finally new owner!!

Greetings Primers, this I promise will be a good read (although not as good as Yinzer’s). But I promise (or sincerely hope) you guys get a kick out of a little bit of it. I have also included the required pictures to prove it happened!

First off, I have to give a big thanks to Tyson (4cruzin) and Ngoan (skafia). Here’s where the story officially starts. I have been a LONNNNNNG time lurker here on Prime never wanting to join because I wasn’t officially an NSX owner yet. There were a few I was interested in that popped up for sale (itrsteve’s, steveieray122854’s) but due to timing and them being snapped up before I was ready to commit, my search continued. I happened to be browsing one night a few weeks ago in the Unofficial Spa Yellow Thread (which is also the color I always really wanted) and a member here casually mentioned their car was for sale.

I asked Tyson to shoot him a PM on my behalf providing my contact info so he could reach out to me so we could discuss it’s possible purchase. Furthermore, there was a Prime member that wanted a car checked out that was actually local to me. See thread here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ne-view-a-car-that-s-in-Jersey-City-NJ-for-me

Well, I was able to coordinate with the seller and give the car my blessing along with Ngoan doing the same for me. Once I received his report back and after seeing the pictures and realizing I could deal with the MINOR cosmetic blemishes,
it was time to get partial funding in order and to book a plane ticket. On July 6, I arrive in California (from NJ) hoping everything that was said about the car was true. Primers, I could not have been more impressed with Jay’s (analogdesigner) car. Thank GOD in the Unofficial Spa Yellow Thread he didn’t put high-resolution pictures! I firmly believe he did, I wouldn’t be typing this introduction. It’s a 2000 Spa Yellow NSX-T with 41k miles and has been meticulously maintained. It also has a Pride exhaust, NSX-R sway bar, HID kit, and a couple other things I can’t recall.

I would like to thank Jay for being one of the kindest, and most passionate people I have ever met when it comes to their car(s). I could tell from our initial conversation that he was the right person I wanted to buy a car from and me being his ideal buyer. Jay, the car is in good hands as promised. I can’t wait until it arrives next week! Now, on to the obligatory pictures. I trust this will be a long and happy time on the forum.

Absolutely stunning NSX! And going to a very deserving home. You're going to have a blast with this one, man. I bet you are anxious to get that beauty out on the open road back home. No prob on playing my small part in facilitating the deal. Brings a huge smile to MY face knowing how much you've wanted this car and knowing it's finally yours. Huge congratulations and here's to many miles of fun :)

Spa2KJT,

Well, it was very tough for me to sell my jewel! The good news is that I know that the new owner is going to take really care of everything! I will still be an NSXprime member because I intend to own another one someday... Thanks everyone, Jay

P.S. I'm the guy on the left. Do any old-timers recognize the graphics on my shirt? Also, I still have my 2005 Ford GT...

Last edited:
Congrats! Beautiful car

Congrats jermaine! Looks awesome. We gotta make a couple of runs sometime.

Congrats, and as you already know, you have the fastest color!!!

Hey welcome! Just saw your buddy Brian "Bsmooth" get kicked off the Acura Legend FB group for sharing your pics hahaha unfortunately that is the kind of shit that is dissolve that community IMHO. Welcome to NSX Prime, your happy home.

Guys, thank you all for the kind words. Jmarksnsx, you don't know how many times I looked at your new owner thread. Shawn, I love the magic you are capable of!! RPM, I was shocked that Jay had the Ford GT as well. (And yes, yellow is the best and fastest color!!) FF Drifter, Brian deleted the pics for me. (I'm not on FB so thanks for the heads up.) I'm sure I will enjoy being a part of this community for years to come.

Guys, thank you all for the kind words. Jmarksnsx, you don't know how many times I looked at your new owner thread. Shawn, I love the magic you are capable of!! RPM, I was shocked that Jay had the Ford GT as well. (And yes, yellow is the best and fastest color!!) FF Drifter, Brian deleted the pics for me. (I'm not on FB so thanks for the heads up.) I'm sure I will enjoy being a part of this community for years to come.

You'd be surprised how many NSX/Ford GT owners there are!!!

Any year Ford GT is the only ford I would ever own. cuz its not really a ford its a work of art.

Spa2KJT,

Well, it was very tough for me to sell my jewel! The good news is that I know that the new owner is going to take really care of everything! I will still be an NSXprime member because I intend to own another one someday... Thanks everyone, Jay

P.S. I'm the guy on the left. Do any old-timers recognize the graphics on my shirt? Also, I still have my 2005 Ford GT...

Did not look happy to let her go in the picture. I still chat (via E-mail) with the previous owner of my car.

Just wanted to say my baby is on it's way home.. I'll see you in approximately 5 days! Thanks again Jay!

that yellow is gorgeous, another northeast one for us to enjoy yay

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on a Beautiful NSX! You're going to enjoy SPA Yellow!
It has grown on me quite a bit! Looking forward to delivery pics:)

that yellow is gorgeous, another northeast one for us to enjoy yay

Thanks!

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on a Beautiful NSX! You're going to enjoy SPA Yellow!
It has grown on me quite a bit! Looking forward to delivery pics:)

Yeah, I almost went with Formula Red and then Berlina Black. I just couldn't get over the fact that I would be unhappy looking at a color I truly didn't want everyday and regretting it. Thank God I waited for the right one to come along and I have the Nikon ready!!

I would be unhappy looking at a color I truly didn't want everyday and regretting it.

You nailed it right there. Having to do a color change would be expensive, time consuming and bad for resale. Always better to wait for the right color. Wheels, exhaust, suspension, blah blah blah can all be easily changed. Color, not so much.

Back