Long-time lurker - finally an owner!!!

Here I sit at 2am not able to get to sleep. I leave for the airport in 2 hrs to fly down to pick up my new (to me) NSX!!! I've been excited about cars that I was buying before - but never this excited. I have never even driven an NSX, but today I finally decided it was time to own one. I think seeing how everyone is so "bitten" by their NSX's on this board - I don't have to worry about not loving it. I'm the proud new owner of a '95 Formula Red NSX-T! Can't beleive it.. owner. Ok, nuff a that. Now I'm going to be asking all those newbie questions for a couple days. I know, I know, if I look hard enough I can find the answer to just about everything in the FAQ. I'll do my best not to clog up the board w/ stupid questions - but I'm entitled to just a couple right off aren't I? Oh ya, here's where I ask if there is ANYONE from Iowa lurking around - maybe even another owner..? I'm up for a meet anytime if so. I'm in the Des Moines area.
Anyway, I'll post some pics after I get back from my 1k mile road trip back home w/ my new baby. I've already got the Zaino bottles lined up and ready to go ;)

I love hearing stories like yours. It brings back the memory of when I picked mine up. If you can't sleep now, just wait until after you pick it up! I flew to FL to get mine and had to stay in a hotel overnight. Hell, I should have just got out on the road because I only got about two hours sleep the way it was. Spent the rest of the time checking on the NSX and reading manuals, etc.

I recall one person on here from the Quad cities, but not sure if there is anyone else from IA or not. Of course your always welcome to come south and meet up with the MO boys for a track or fun event. Welcome, and enjoy the feeling you are about to experience.

PHOEN$X said:
Congratulations! Have a good trip. Looking forward to the pics. :)

Congrats!! I just went through the same thing less than a week ago. I flew from Colorado to Pennsylvania and drove mine back. I still go out in the garage and check cause i cannot believe i finally own one. The smile wont go away either.
Enjoy!!

You're welcome to come join the owners in the Chicago area when we have stuff going on. Ten of us will be on the track at GingerMan this coming Monday, and we have a Sunday brunch planned for mid-July. Watch the Midwest forum on NSXprime for details. And don't forget to join the NSX Club of America and meet up with us in Chicago to drive out to NSXPO 2004 together in October!

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congrats on your ownership of one of the best cars in the world!! This is only the beginning of your fun. So far this morning I have peeked out the window 3 or 4 times just to lookat my car and smile because it is mine....and I have owned NSX's since the late '90's. So the feeling will stay with you. Keep on driving, my friend. :)

Welcome aboard MLmotorsport! There are several NSX's in Iowa.
Ylwiron and I are from the Quad Cities. I'm in Bettendorf. I've been trying to find enough NSX's and S2000's in Iowa to have a meet. I've met with the Chicago area group, great bunch of people! Congratulations on your car, you'll enjoy it!

timothyaw said:
Congraulations the feeling is unbelievable you go through just before getting the car. Trust me it doesn't go away either. Welcome to NSX ownership and PRIME!

He's right. I still go out to the garage in the middle of the night just to make sure it is still there and its been well over 2 years now!

Back