Long Island Meet

Maybe... I keep hearing mixed things about the Rally Freak get togethers. On the one hand, I've met a few of the guys in person at a Hooters get together and I've known a few from the Corvette Forum for a while, but on the other hand, at least one of those LI meets resulted in police activity :eek:

Getting together to check out nice cars is great. F&F style street racing combined with en masse police intervention is not my cup of tea. I'll keep an eye on it though...

The organizers have already been warned and this is the rain date so im expecting that there will be no major problems but you know there are always a few that cant contain themselfs but i was hoping this would be a good event for a mini nsx meet.......if not we should try to get a local gathering together as i see alot of new metro area members on this forum as of late.Any suggestions on a local meet ?

i've been to a couple of these...and there is always somebody doing donuts or speeding...it's usually a group thing and always always ends up with police activity. My advice is not to go. Nsxpilot if u want we can have a nsx mini gathering of our own.

madfast said:
i've been to a couple of these...and there is always somebody doing donuts or speeding...it's usually a group thing and always always ends up with police activity. My advice is not to go. Nsxpilot if u want we can have a nsx mini gathering of our own.

Im goin to a acura tl meet this sunday the 6th ....it will be at menlo park mall in the macys parking lot .... no ricers usally.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=53936

nsxpilot,
I wish I could make it...but I have exam on monday. quite hectic these days. Don't worry we'll pick the right day to do a mini gathering hehehe. have fun tomorrow

It was a great day for a meet and nice turn out .... you guys missed the two TR's there one was a 512m....my fav....fun drive to the diner after too... lol ....... The best part was the cop that went on the auto-x with one of the porsche guys......he was grinning from ear to ear.

I've been hearing nothing but good things about this meet all over. Sounds like it was a great time! Nice to see that things may have taken a turn for the better.... Ill definitely consider coming out the next time they do one of these (times like this I wish I had a Comptech 3.2 rather than a plain vanilla auto :( )

How about the SEARS parking lot on Broadway,in hicksville Long Island.With the nice weather coming TUESDAY nights is the night that tons of people come out with every kind of car you can possibly think of.I talked to a couple of guys last year towards the end of the season and we got 4 NSX'S to come down and represent!!

P.S. Just a nice get together of car enthusiasts,no burnouts,racing,etc..............

Back