Location of ALL the VIN# sticker located in the car?

NRG

Experienced Member
Hi there,

I just came back in checking out a 2001 model. I noticed the back trunk, there was no sign of the VIN # sticker.

In standing behind the trunk, I did noticed the VIN# sticker on the left rear panel. However, I didn't see one on the right side rear panel inside the trunk area. Should there be one there too?

Is there a site where it has pictures of where all the VIN # should be?

thanks in advance,

Some of the places where the VIN is located are not publicized, so as not to tip off anyone attempting to commit fraud.

I think it's safe to say that if you see the VIN in the most obvious places - the left side of the dashboard, the metal plates on the kick panels, the sticker on the door jamb, the engine compartment - and if you get a clean Carfax, then the car's VIN is properly identified...

How about the obvious trunk lid?

There was a groove (the size of the sticker) on the trunk lid that I felt it should have been there, but it wasn't.

Can you check your car to see if there's a sticker on the trunk lid?

I checked the carfax, but i don't believe carfax reports everything. The car that I checked out was under suspicious when I noticed the owner brought the car into the dealer for an alignment with only 8000 miles on the car based on the receipt.

nsxtasy said:
Some of the places where the VIN is located are not publicized, so as not to tip off anyone attempting to commit fraud.

I think it's safe to say that if you see the VIN in the most obvious places - the left side of the dashboard, the metal plates on the kick panels, the sticker on the door jamb, the engine compartment - and if you get a clean Carfax, then the car's VIN is properly identified...

Engel07 said:
The car that I checked out was under suspicious when I noticed the owner brought the car into the dealer for an alignment with only 8000 miles on the car based on the receipt.
Is there something more to it than that? In itself, this does not sound very alarming. An alignment can be done for a number of normal reasons: bringing everything back into spec. after hitting a pothole, correcting camber after lowering the car, making adjustments to improve tire wear, etc.

There may be a VIN sticker on the trunk, depending on the year: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22905

Thanks for the link. Based on one of the response from the link, someone with a 2000 module is claiming a VIN sticker on the trunk lid. The one I checked out was a newer year of 2001. My 96 BMW had VIN sticker on every part of the car (hood, trunk, side fenders, doors, etc).

Ojas said:
Is there something more to it than that? In itself, this does not sound very alarming. An alignment can be done for a number of normal reasons: bringing everything back into spec. after hitting a pothole, correcting camber after lowering the car, making adjustments to improve tire wear, etc.

There may be a VIN sticker on the trunk, depending on the year: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22905

My NSX doesnt have a vin tag in the trunk, at least as far as I can remember :confused: My M3 had vin tags all over it, I know what you mean. Do NSX have vin tags like a TL? I know RL's have no Vin tags...

Back