Little Vent

Gawd! TX HOA is kicking my butt. I need those gate openers to get into my neighborhood. HOA states I have a fence violation, and wont issue the openers to me until it is resolved. Its funny because I dont have a fence up yet and I have no way to get into the neighborhood to see what they are talking about. I've been calling the HOA for over a week with no return calls.

Is anyone elses HOA like this?

Last edited:
I was on the board of my HOA because I didn't like what has happening in my community. Man are some people on these boards angry mofo's. Unfortunately you will need to personally get in touch with the almighty president of your HOA and see what the problem is. I resigned from my board because I couldn't handle the harrassment of other owners faxing and calling me at home at 3:00am, and disrupting me while I was treating patients.

Good luck.

donwon said:
Gawd! TX HOA is kicking my butt. I need those gate openers to get into my neighborhood. HOA states I have a fence violation, and wont issue there openers to me until it is resolved. Its funny because I dont have a fence up yet and I have no way to get into the neighborhood to see what they are talking about. I've been calling the HOA for over a week with no return calls.

Is anyone elses HOA like this?

Okay, who did you piss off D'won? Who does not want the prince of Cupcakes as a neighbor?:biggrin:

Seriously, I have had issues as well, what kind of fence, how much grass ect ect.

With them not returning calls, send a certified letter stating the fact that you have tried to get in touch with them to view what has been deemed a violation. However, it's hard to correct issues, if any, if you can not discuss them or have them explained in detail.
Get a paper trail gowing.
JAO
Len

Last edited:
Doc, I hear you. Its just a sucky situation from either perspective. Pretty frustrating.

Len, I must have pissed off someone related to Phil of the future who moonlights as a fence nazi. A cupcake sounds good right now :smile:

Well good news, I finally got a hold of someone at the management co. HAHAHA. Here is my fence violation: :confused:

6802fence.jpg

See that little silt fence where that sagging section has seen better days? So anyways, I am getting fined 45 dollars a day until I fix this (so far it has already been 18 days since the fine was imposed). I had the builder re-attach the silt to the post when he snapped the pic. Am I going nuts or does this seem petty? I mean God forbid a sagging temporary barrier fence, it decreases the appeal of that porta-potty :frown:

donwon said:
Well good news, I finally got a hold of someone at the management co. HAHAHA. Here is my fence violation: :confused:

See that little silt fence where that sagging section has seen better days? So anyways, I am getting fined 45 dollars a day until I fix this (so far it has already been 18 days since the fine was imposed). I had the builder re-attach the silt to the post when he snapped the pic. Am I going nuts or does this seem petty? I mean God forbid a sagging temporary barrier fence, it decreases the appeal of that porta-potty :frown:

Damn D'won, that is pretty petty. $45 per day, that HOA must be running low on funds. What the hell are they putting in a second 18 holes in your hood?:smile:

They are really gonna be pissed when I pull up in my Winnebago and start Bar BQing on the front lawn.
Blasting Snoop Doggs greatest hits.:smile:

Your Lucky, I have to have exactly 25% of grass in my back yard as a proportioning factor to any plans I have for my back yard. Not to mention I can't even think about putting in the Gazebo or Plant house that wifee wants. I knew I should have just stayed in the hood.
I can Bar Bque on the porch and noone minds.:biggrin:

LOL!!!! Winnebago blasting snoop! I'll have to try that someday!

Man, I think its a scam, especially since it took me close to 12-14 days to get in touch with them.

You should do the grass in your back in an Icosikaiheptagon, By the time they figure out if its exactly 25%, you will have had plenty of BBQ's :smile:

donwon said:
LOL!!!! Winnebago blasting snoop! I'll have to try that someday!

Man, I think its a scam, especially since it took me close to 12-14 days to get in touch with them.

You should do the grass in your back in an Icosikaiheptagon, By the time they figure out if its exactly 25%, you will have had plenty of BBQ's :smile:

Yeah, that doesn't sound cool at all. Maybe someone has House envy.:biggrin:
Knowing you, I know you will handle it, don't "letem" get to you. Do yo thang man!!!!

Me I am not sweating them, I am just going to attach the plant house to the main house one way or the other.
They just don't want me there. (JK) They have been real cool, the next door neighbor is a "MILF"
My brother is already planning to visit her.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when I went looking at the house, my posse was with me and my Nephew looks very much like a thug. Snoop Doggs greatest hits didn't help either.:smile:

Last edited:
Back