LF-A in 2011

TC

Experienced Member
I was just browsing my latest issue of Road and Track, which is reporting that the Lexus LF-A may not hit showrooms until 2011. Is it just me or it is taking forever for Toyota to put this car into production? It has been on the auto show circuit for 3 years running and has been seen at the Ring for the past 2+ years. So what is taking so long? By 2011, the look will be 6 years old. At least Honda has an excuse for taking so long on the new NSX - they don't know what to make. Toyota has been pretty clear that this is their car - and it has been in full running trim for a couple of years now.

With a projected price tag of over $200K, it doesn't really matter to me when it officially comes out!

Maybe they are worried petrol prices will go up and up; making sports cars less appealing? Who knows... it does seem like a abnormally long time.

Honda HSC was on the auto show scene for a few years as well...oh wait...nm...it never came out...lol. :tongue: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I was just browsing my latest issue of Road and Track, which is reporting that the Lexus LF-A may not hit showrooms until 2011. Is it just me or it is taking forever for Toyota to put this car into production? It has been on the auto show circuit for 3 years running and has been seen at the Ring for the past 2+ years. So what is taking so long? By 2011, the look will be 6 years old. At least Honda has an excuse for taking so long on the new NSX - they don't know what to make. Toyota has been pretty clear that this is their car - and it has been in full running trim for a couple of years now.

Have you seen the spyshots of the 'alleged' new Honda NSX? It looks amazingly like the LF-A. Maybe Toyota is waiting for Honda to officially 'buy' their design. :smile:

LF-A This:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think it's a big deal for japanese automakers to have the best car out there. Nissan started it, new Honda or Lexus supercar will eclipse it and whatever comes last will eclipse those bad asses as well.

Good for us.

My job is marketing communications and my first thought was "..I'm pretty sure they're waiting for Honda... So they can make the Lexus even faster..."

But all jap's got a though job with the Scuderia. It's beating Carrera GT times all over the globe.

Couldn't care less about what Nissan brought us, it's just a performance tool and cars to me are more about the total package.

Wow really? The Carrera GT creams it ( Scuderia ) on the ring?

Agreed did you see the way it rocketed away from that MB at around the 2:40 sec range of the clip! Just awesome!

I mean 20secs faster than an NSX-R "WHILE" going through traffic!

Indeed. It's time to show everyone what clever japanese engineering can do.

It sounded very nice indeed, in the clip! Sad thing I won't be able to afford it or the fact that I'd get a used F430 over it, but good for us. Fast cars are going to die soon because of f'n politicians so enjoy them while you can guys. All NSXers are blessed.

Indeed. It's time to show everyone what clever japanese engineering can do.

It sounded very nice indeed, in the clip! Sad thing I won't be able to afford it or the fact that I'd get a used F430 over it, but good for us. Fast cars are going to die soon because of f'n politicians so enjoy them while you can guys. All NSXers are blessed.

Used Ferrari or Hondas new supercar is a no brainer for me. This new V10 is has been mandated by Fukui to get better gas mileage than our V6 NSXs which is outstanding! Packed with reliability and durability I'll just have to look at posts of your F430 while I beat this new Honda up on the track and drive it home getting 30+ on the freeway:biggrin:

Well, it's all about smiles per hour, whatever makes you happy, right? :)

Again, I have yet to see the final package and could make up my mind. I have a list of cars to own/experience. E30 M3, NSX NA1, 997 GT3, Scuderia and Zonda F.

GT < MR anyday.

Whatever makes you happy :)

I'm actually hoping people ( most honda fans ) continue to dislike the car as that means I'll be able to get one at a discount by the time other wake up to see what they missed. Much like the 02+ NSX nobody new them to be a deal for a new car and so some of us were able to get them below sticker and now people have to go used on them.

So all you guys keep hating the new Honda sportscar and go with LF-A or GT-R:wink:

You don't have anything to worry about WingZ. You may have to wait one year though. Expect mark up during intro with all the marketing hype. Once things settle down, dealers will start dealing again.

Much like what has happend with the S2000 CR, Zanardi, and 92 NSX. They were all marked down after the smoke cleared.

I don't hate it. I just want to see the final product before jumping with exitement.

A GT-R is easily enough for my mortal soul in terms of performance. But it does not make my heart beat faster before a test drive - therefore it fails for me.

Same could be for this screaming thing. Must excite. If it does; Bravo.

You don't have anything to worry about WingZ. You may have to wait one year though. Expect mark up during intro with all the marketing hype. Once things settle down, dealers will start dealing again.

Much like what has happend with the S2000 CR, Zanardi, and 92 NSX. They were all marked down after the smoke cleared.

Fingers crossed that history repeats itself:biggrin: Yeah I figure a 2011 will be discounted.

Back