LF-A and ASCC both up for redesign.

According to edmunds inside line, lexus is redesigning the LF-A because it didnt meet their top speed expectations! (it "only" hit 205mph). Of course we all know why the ASCC is up for redesign.
Here is the article and link.

2007 Tokyo Auto Show: No Lexus LF-A. No Acura V10.

Word on the Tokyo Auto Show floor is that the Lexus LF-A supercar is a no show because it's not fast enough. Lexus wants it to reach 350 kph but it'll only touch 330 kph. That's 205 mph. Seems fast enough to us, but Lexus wants the LF-A to be faster than all its rivals. To reach the mark, Lexus has put the car back on the drawing board for an aerodynamics redo.

Acura is in a similar situation with its V10 supercar. Acura wants the front engined coupe to be a grand tourer. Think Acura DB9. But the car's styling got a thumbs down from the public at the 2006 Los Angeles Auto Show when it was shown as the Acura Advance Aero Coupe. It too is getting reshaped.

Which will be the fastest around the Nurburgring racetrack in Germany is the real question. Nissan's GT-R just lapped the place in 7 minutes and 38 seconds. Lexus and Acura want to beat that mark. It'll be a three way shootout for King of the Ring honors and it should be fun. We'll keep you posted.--Scott Oldham, Inside Line Editor in Chief

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightli...MotorShow?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..3.*

According to edmunds inside line, lexus is redesigning the LF-A because it didnt meet their top speed expectations! (it "only" hit 205mph). Of course we all know why the ASCC is up for redesign.
Here is the article and link.

2007 Tokyo Auto Show: No Lexus LF-A. No Acura V10.

Word on the Tokyo Auto Show floor is that the Lexus LF-A supercar is a no show because it's not fast enough. Lexus wants it to reach 350 kph but it'll only touch 330 kph. That's 205 mph. Seems fast enough to us, but Lexus wants the LF-A to be faster than all its rivals. To reach the mark, Lexus has put the car back on the drawing board for an aerodynamics redo.

Acura is in a similar situation with its V10 supercar. Acura wants the front engined coupe to be a grand tourer. Think Acura DB9. But the car's styling got a thumbs down from the public at the 2006 Los Angeles Auto Show when it was shown as the Acura Advance Aero Coupe. It too is getting reshaped.

Which will be the fastest around the Nurburgring racetrack in Germany is the real question. Nissan's GT-R just lapped the place in 7 minutes and 38 seconds. Lexus and Acura want to beat that mark. It'll be a three way shootout for King of the Ring honors and it should be fun. We'll keep you posted.--Scott Oldham, Inside Line Editor in Chief

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightli...MotorShow?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..3.*

Sounds like thy're talking about something other than the ASCC:confused:

Sounds like thy're talking about something other than the ASCC:confused:

Nah, just something less ugly. At least the Toyota design is being redone for performance, the Honda is being redeone because when people saw it, their reaction was "WTF??!!" :biggrin:

Nah, just something less ugly. At least the Toyota design is being redone for performance, the Honda is being redeone because when people saw it, their reaction was "WTF??!!" :biggrin:

LOL No seriously there was a car ( two actually ) released in LA that also got thumbs down from people before the ASCC. People don't really seem to care for any of Hondas designs it seems. Apparently people didn't like the HSC either:eek: Of course I'm old enuogh to remember when the NSX was being introduced people were saying it had "bland and derivative" styling. Poor Honda they just can't win style wise,but the funny thing is they still sell a ton of cars

It's interesting to me how Lexus for so many years has refused to get into "horsepower wars" or any other performance race on it's cars. They were always competitive but it sounds as though the gloves are off and they plan on kicking some a$$ with this new supercar. I say great for them. Maybe Honda will see the light and get some of that mojo in their new supercar. The LF-A looks incredible and if it truly performs like they say it will, I think there will have to be room in my garage for one. I have an SL55 and and NSX. The LF-A seems to be the best of both of those cars combined into one.

I don't blame Toyota. They have all the capacity and none of the excuses this time around. They'll have to earn their mark as the 'biggest and richest', even in their own eyes.

I still think Honda cannot find the direction they need. It seems like they are just building a supercar because someone told them to or a demographics analysis said they'll sell more civics if they can glue together a new supercar.

An updated/refined NSX chassis, a lower curb weight than the competition, and a 4xxhp N/A V8 [or V10 I guess.. ] is all they need. No one honestly expects Honda's supercar to be more powerful than the new skyline, as long as they go N/A. The hard part is pricing it.

An updated/refined NSX chassis, a lower curb weight than the competition, and a 4xxhp N/A V8 [or V10 I guess.. ] is all they need.

Exactly what i have been thinking, no need to go and design an entire new car, give us a nice new update, fresh chassis, fresh drive train, but still nsx.

It's interesting to me how Lexus for so many years has refused to get into "horsepower wars" or any other performance race on it's cars. They were always competitive but it sounds as though the gloves are off and they plan on kicking some a$$ with this new supercar. I say great for them. Maybe Honda will see the light and get some of that mojo in their new supercar. The LF-A looks incredible and if it truly performs like they say it will, I think there will have to be room in my garage for one. I have an SL55 and and NSX. The LF-A seems to be the best of both of those cars combined into one.

Recent Lexus TV ad (10/07) shows a GS460 doing a series smoking donuts with the by-line saying something like "you can but you shouldn't" ... or something to that effect.

LOL No seriously there was a car ( two actually ) released in LA that also got thumbs down from people before the ASCC. People don't really seem to care for any of Hondas designs it seems. Apparently people didn't like the HSC either:eek: Of course I'm old enuogh to remember when the NSX was being introduced people were saying it had "bland and derivative" styling. Poor Honda they just can't win style wise,but the funny thing is they still sell a ton of cars

What 2 cars were those??

What 2 cars were those??

This is one the Acura advanced coupe
acuraadvancedsedanconceptacuraadvan.jpg

Story link
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/losangeles/2007/acuraadvancedsedanconcept.html

Also I thought their were two Acura concept cars there was only one. The other one I was thinking of is the Honda remix. Sorry about that.

So ,but this does bring to point did the writer screw up. Also why would Honda and Toyota be trying to beat the Skyline GT-R with vehicles that are twice the price:confused:

That to me is as dumb as the R8. The R8 was built to outperform the 911/911S ,but costs $20-30k more:confused: For more money why would it not outperform it.

Funny thing also about the R8 is that if Honda had built it instead of Audi , NSX people would be b*tching to high heaven about the cost. weight , AWD and ONLY 420hp

In my opinion, HONDA won't come out with a car until 2011 or 2012.
Look how long the rumor of the NEW SUPRA or new Toyota Sports car has been around. I remember seeing that around 1998, and its still not out!!!
I think Mazda will come out with a new design of the RX-7 , Toyota will follow with their sports car debut, and Honda will follow suit. Mitsubishi may have a car also but I dont know if Mitsubishi will be able to bang it out with the Big Boys in the Race Car game.

I think 2010-2011 will be the starting era for Japanese sports cars to come alive and will reign for a few years.

In my opinion, HONDA won't come out with a car until 2011 or 2012.
Look how long the rumor of the NEW SUPRA or new Toyota Sports car has been around. I remember seeing that around 1998, and its still not out!!!
I think Mazda will come out with a new design of the RX-7 , Toyota will follow with their sports car debut, and Honda will follow suit. Mitsubishi may have a car also but I dont know if Mitsubishi will be able to bang it out with the Big Boys in the Race Car game.

I think 2010-2011 will be the starting era for Japanese sports cars to come alive and will reign for a few years.

No offense ,but what makes you think Mazda will be making an RX7 after the dismal sales of the RX8? Not to mention the fact that Ford isn't letting them doing anything close to making a Mustang competitor.

No offense ,but what makes you think Mazda will be making an RX7 after the dismal sales of the RX8? Not to mention the fact that Ford isn't letting them doing anything close to making a Mustang competitor.

I think the dismal sales of the RX-8 was due to that 4 door design and that weak NA rotary. If that thing had turbos it would have been a different story. I also highly doubt that a small lightweight turbo RX7/8 would steal sales from the mustang. Mustang buyers are just that.......mustang buyers! and theyre usually die hard domestic guys.

Honda/Acura needs to get a new design team. Look that the winners they've brought out recently:

main2.jpg

07.acura.mdx.lead.340.jpg

The front ends are too similar-and ugly.

Honda/Acura needs to get a new design team. Look that the winners they've brought out recently:

The front ends are too similar-and ugly.

Thats subjective. I think the TL is a gorgeous car!

the people that didn't like the HSC or ASCC never saw them in person.
i think both of them, like the current nsx, look way better in real life than any picture... you really gotta get the feel for the dimensions of them.

even the ASCC (whose design i'm not really that fond of)... when you walk up to it and really get a feel for how low and small it is- it's pretty cool. i'd still drive it over any porsche any day (but that doesn't say much :tongue: )

the people that didn't like the HSC or ASCC never saw them in person.
i think both of them, like the current nsx, look way better in real life than any picture... you really gotta get the feel for the dimensions of them.

even the ASCC (whose design i'm not really that fond of)... when you walk up to it and really get a feel for how low and small it is- it's pretty cool. i'd still drive it over any porsche any day (but that doesn't say much :tongue: )

Agreed I saw both and would buy either. Honda fans seem to be it's biggest critics. I think people are now rethinking the HSC design because now they see that it was the last chance for a mid engine from Honda. People didn't so much hate the design of the HSC it was Hondas engine choice that made people not want it. When Honda said "A 3.5 engine with 350+ hp" everyone threw up their hands and grumbled to high heaven. I guess people felt they'd been wait so long for a power boost that wasn't enough. It's easy to see why Fukui choose the V10. Of course Honda fans in true Honda fan style started complaining "why no V8" LOL .I think the HSC would've been screaming fast as it probably would've made about and was supposed to be the same weight as the NSX. With an improved transmission I'm sure we would've been happy ,but Oh well:frown:

Back