Lexus LF-A coming but OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED and very limited production.

Hmmm on again/off again. I read they scrapped it, or placed it on hiatus based on economics. But that was a year ago I think. Honda was laughed at for trying to sell a car at $90K. I wonder how much heat Toyota will get for trying to sell a $300K car. Specially in this economy.

Kudos to them though if they pull it off. I have seen the LF-A concepts shots from different auto shows. Nice car, but not worth $300K imo.

Beautiful car. I could see $150,000, but they are out of their minds.

The car will sell, but to the Jay Leno's and Jerry Seinfield's of the world. They will never be driven and hidden away in vaults forever.

Such a shame. It is a beautiful car.

I highly doubt that car will be sold for that amount of money. Thats 599 and murcielago territory. It will more than like be sold for about 150-180k. Even that might be too high but if they only plan on making a limited production run it might work.

Every Japanese publications I have seen is showing $200k.

I doubt the source of this thread is credible simply because the car is not out yet, and this car is really a mystery. If it is an all CF chassis, it may demand that kind of pricing, but I doubt Toyota has this technology in their factory in Japan. Maybe in their F1 factory in England.

All it takes is some inaccurate currency conversions or a misunderstanding of how cars are priced in different markets to be off by 50-100k on an exotic these days.

Also the magazine I got name it LF600, instead of LF/A.

Perhaps they will have two versions.

Beautiful car. I could see $150,000, but they are out of their minds.

The car will sell, but to the Jay Leno's and Jerry Seinfield's of the world. They will never be driven and hidden away in vaults forever.

Such a shame. It is a beautiful car.

Jay Leno drives his cars... Ever seen Jays Garage (website and video series)? Its great and he really knows his stuff.

They already have a rock solid and fuel efficient V8 plat form. They could easily get another 60-80hp out of the LS460 motor, making 440-460hp and maybe even more torque.

Slip it into the new 3200lbs supra and give me a call. You can keep your R8 after that.

You'd take a Supra over an R8? Come on!!!

60-75k 3200lbs 450hp n/a supra w/ good reliability etc. vs 100k-120k 3400lbs(?) 420hp n/a R8 with questionable brand reliability? Supra.

Same price? Probably R8.

60-75k 3200lbs 450hp n/a supra w/ good reliability etc. vs 100k-120k 3400lbs(?) 420hp n/a R8 with questionable brand reliability? Supra.

Same price? Probably R8.

But there has to be something said for image and exclusivity, as well as the mid engine, super exotic looks.

The R8 "looks" like a $200k+ super car, even if it does only have "normal" sports car performance.

Last edited:

Same price? Probably R8.

3200 lb, 450 hp supra with Toyota reliability vs 420 hp Audi with subpar reliability; SAME PRICE****************SUPRA WITHOUT A DOUBT:biggrin:

Back