Levon Helm Midnight Ramble 7/31 - one spot open!

LarryB needs to cancel his appearance at the Levon Helm Midnight Ramble this Saturday July 31 so he is looking to sell his ticket ($125 - face value discounted for our group rate).

Here is the original thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136203

We plan on having dinner at the Bear Cafe in Woodstock before the concert and have a reservation for 5:00 pm.

Anyone interested in a last minute chance to attend a great concert in Levon's personal barn in Woodstock?

Is Janet and I included in the 5:00pm dinner reservation?
begging-boy.jpg

Last edited:
Levon's band was great(well done sound) and the "California freestyle" dancing some of the folks were doing during the Phil Lesh Band's set was a hilarious reminder of times gone by.

Well our DeadHead Poohkie got a great surprise with the unannounced appearance of Phil Lesh so it is understandable she would break out a little California freestyle to groove with the tunes.........

Nice throwback moment to have Levon Helm, Donald Fagen and Phil Lesh jamming in Levon's living room like that. Also had an appearance of Hanoi Jane at dinner with us and at the concert.

And yes, this is a crappy cell phone pic but cameras were verboten so had to sneak this one.

954450752_mLxtG-L.jpg

Last edited:
Fonda, Lily Tomlin, and a few others, are shooting a movie in the area.

Last edited:
lookin good RSO....:smile:

RIP Levon, passed away today. Another Icon lost.

It's a drag on many levels. Through his Midnight Rambles he provided work to many musicians and sidemen.
I loved his voice and his vibe. His work stands up to the test of time. He loved playing and you could feel his sincerity and joy in every song, every performance. No show biz nonsense just great music.
He continued right up til' he could no more and seemed to bring out the best of all who shared a stage with him.
I feel so sad for his daughter, his family, his band and the Woodstock Community. A big hole has been left in music's heart. What now? Oh, what now...

Last edited:
Back