Let's hope this isn't the new NSX...

nothing to worry about...

YouTube video titled 2011 NSX at the Tokyo Auto Show. It's a hideous beast...
This is presumably the Tokyo Auto Salon, which is much different than the Tokyo Motor Show. The former is for performance, dress-up/custom-show, and technology (think SEMA, NOPI, HIN, RaceWars :D). The latter is more on par w/ manufacturer offerings/concepts being showcased (think Detroit, NY, Geneva, Frankfurt, Birmingham).

FWIW, the vehicle in the vid-clip is/was an original NSX which was modified by a custom tuning-house, for which the conversion is six-figures & then some. To a purist like me, it is way, way too out-there for me to even bookmark (or remember).

Last edited:
OK, sorry 'bout that! I only follow the 2nd Gen forum on Prime, anxiously hoping for good news. I've been watching and waiting for about 5 years, checking in daily. I really need to get a life! Or a GT-R... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Honda Concept 2011.jpg
    Honda Concept 2011.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Great fan render!

Hopefully Honda will produce a successor that looks at least as good as this render.

Front and sides look pretty good but the back..... Needs a little work....

I found a larger version of the render I previously posted. The detail of this image appears to be much more than an enthusiast rendering. I don't want to speculate, but there may be something more to this? The image is labeled Honda Concept 2011. We know Honda is "hard at work" on the new car that supposedly will be built in the "Spirit of the NSX". Gents... the elements in this design appear to be inline with what we've been told. Equally, it reflects Honda's current design language. Maybe I'm just reaching? I dunno...

Here's the larger render... 1154 x 852

Attachments

• honda-concept-2011-1152x864.jpg
    honda-concept-2011-1152x864.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited:
Do you remember the render of the "NSX Successor" as rendered for/by Motor Trend? There is a consistency beginning to take shape in the front facia. Notice the similarities between this render and the latest (above)?

Based on the air intake in the aft quarter panels, this render (below) was likely based on a rear/mid engine configuration. Many suspect Honda is not going to build a rear/mid engine car again, but rather a front engine config. This gives more credence to the render above, which is clearly a front engine design.

But, I digress. It's late. I'm tired. And I'm probably using fuzzy math...

Attachments

• honda-NSX-successor-front.jpg
    honda-NSX-successor-front.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 94
That new Honda corporate grill could use some tweaking to make it more aggressive, its got a lot of potential. If they pull that off right with the NSX successor, and the CR-Z, I could see a lot of pretty/futuristic Honda coming. Acura on the other hand is really F**ked with that shield and even the facelift is not going to save it. Infact I prefer the old 2009 TL over the new facelifted one.

Can the mods please split this thread beginning from post #5 to a new thread titled: "The NEW 2013 Acura NSX; Spy Pics, Renders and First Images!"

The new thread title will be better indexed by Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., therefore bringing traffic from these keyword searches to NSXPrime and this thread for more enlightenment.

Thanks!

Thats just an old NSX with a crazy body kit. (sounds like a stock one)
I agree that it is ugly. I don't think after all this time they are going to use the original 3.2 engine. They could if they just S/C from the factory but I don't see Honda doing that.

If they just took the NSX added more power, w/modern technology and up dated the headlights and taillights. They would have an excellent car that would perform with the best.

Back