Lets get some Grillin Receipes!!

Well summer is right around the corner (at least for me and all my college buddies) and I'm looking foward to getting back home to MD. I'm addicted to grilling but I've come to a cooking-wall so to speak. I'm looking for some new receipes and twists and good foods to cook. I mainly stick with chicken and some steaks. But I need some new material. I know there are some other grill maniacs out there so cough up those receipes and ideas!!

Conor

I'll start.

#1 Salmon
Take a salmon filet and stick it in a ziplock with Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, put enough worcester sauce in there to turn the overall marinade the color of camel leather or slightly darker. Leave it in there for a half an hour. Crank the grill all the the way up to heat, sear both sides and then cook until done over medium heat.

#2 Steak & Basil
Take fresh basil leaves and mash them up. in a mortal and pestil. Pour half a stick of melted butter in there. Mix the whole bit up and use it to baste a good cut of steak while grilling.

#3 Lime Buttered Scallops
Stick them on a skewer and and use fresh lime juice and melted butter to bast them while grilling.

I've got some killer chicken recipes too, but it sounds like you got that covered. Now, how are you going to start a conversation about grilling recipes without posting any yourself?

Get to work!
:p

Padma Lakshmi's Tandoori Chicken Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

[COLOR=sky-blue]*NOTE: the chicken can be bbq/grilled vs. sauteed/simmered[/COLOR]

For the yogurt marinade:
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 teaspoons garam masala powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno chili, stemmed, seeded, and finely minced (optional)
4 (11/2 pounds) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, gently flattened and cut into strips

For the salad:
3cups shredded iceberg lettuce (1 small head)
3 cups shredded red cabbage (1 small head)
3 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 6 large)
1 cup sliced radishes (1 bunch)
2 cups sliced cucumber (1 large)
1 small bunch scallions, minced
1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
11/2 cups diced jicama (a turnip)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Juice of 2 to 3 small lemons, or to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Make the marinade: In a bowl combine all ingredients. Arrange chicken in a shallow dish, add the marinade, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and chill while preparing the vegetables.

2. Make the salad: In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients.

3. In a non-stick skillet set over moderately high heat, warm the oil until it is hot. Add the chicken and marinade and cook, stirring, until the chicken is no longer pink. (Yogurt will separate). Let simmer just until cooked.

4. Transfer chicken together with pan juices to salad bowl and toss to combine. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 6

White94-

I guess you called me out on this one...I think I was so excited about grilling that I foget to post some of my favorites...

Lime Chicken
1 cup water
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 lime
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Let the chicken marinate for a few hours.
Mix together:
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbls. spicy, chunky salsa
1 Tbls. milk
1 tsp. Cajun spice
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. hot sauce
1/8 tsp. dried dill weed
1/8 tsp. cumin

Keep this chilled until ready. Grill the chicken 3-5 min. a side. Once the chicken is done, brush the mixture on the chicken, and then add some shredded Colby Jack cheese. You can broil the chicken or just leave it on the grill and let the cheese melt. Serve with a lime and over blue tortilla chips.

Chilli London Broil
The ingredients ratios are up to you on this one. Some like it pretty spicy, some like it mild so there's no real set amounts on this one. Just adjust to your liking...
Combine:
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Chilli powder (liberal amount)
Cayenne chili powder (determines how spicy it is)
Dried parsely

Mix dry ingredients together and then add 2 tbsp Worchestire sauce and 1 tbsp Olive oil. Mix until a paste/pesto like consistency. Coat the London Broil thoroughly with the mix and let it sit for a few hours. Cook until medium/medium well. Make sure to cut against the grain. This will make it much easier to eat as it will be more tender.

Chili Burgers
Chili powder
Cayenne powder
Salt
Pepper
Worchester sauce
Water
Onions

Take your ground beef and put it in a mixing bowl. Work the meat a little and then add the dry ingredients. Mix the dry stuff thoroughly in the meat and try to avoid "hot spots" with too much cayenne in a single area. Using a little Worchester sauce to moisten the mix and add some onions to the meat as well. Once everything is mixed, use a *slight* amount of water and work it in. This will make the burgers very, very juicy. Cook to medium. Before taking them off, throw on a slice of Pepper Jack cheese, pile on the veggies and enjoy!!:D

Well, there's a few of my favorites. Feel free to put some chicken recipes in, I love chicken and any new recipe is a reason for me to grill some more;)

Conor

damn, i gotta steal me a BBQ this weekend...this stuff is making me drool here at work..err...well more than my usual nayway

Osiris_x11 said:
Padma Lakshmi's Tandoori Chicken Salad

Are you posting that recipe just cuz Padma's hot? I remember seeing her on Food Network. What a babe!

actgal2407.jpg

My wife is filipina and we make "Pork on a Stick" as one of the dishes for our summer BBQ's.

Use either pork butt or shoulder, you need something with alot of fat.
- cut into bite size cubes
- marinate and refridgerate overnight (this is a guestimate for 1 butt)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup 7up
- 10 pieces of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tobasco
- 1/4 cup brown sugar

Next morning put on thick wooden skewers and grill. We hang the exposed part of the wooden skewers of the edge of the grill so they don't burn.

Dr pepper ribs

Cut baby back pork ribs into 3 bone sections.
Marinate overnight in Dr Pepper plus a litlle salt and pepper
(I put them in ziploc bags)
Next day put in boiling water for 3 min. each
BBQ on grill basting with favorite sauce
I like Maker's Mark sauce or Jim Beam sauce
There's something about Bourbon in the suce, but hey, I'm from Kentucky.

modelesque

Malibu Rapper said:
Are you posting that recipe just cuz Padma's hot? I remember seeing her on Food Network. What a babe!

hmmm, I was away in London for some clinical-training... and she is an A-list socialite there; but, of-course being Salman Rushdie's femme-du-jour hasn't hurt her notoreity. Her book, Easy Exotic: A Model's Low-Fat Recipes from Around the World has given her acclaim. (along w/ the food network show, as aforementioned)

Nonetheless, indeed she's easy on eyes- and rather unexpectedly an intellectual person.
:)

My weirdest recipe involves one of these.

mexicanfireplace_24.gif

It's a mexican chimney. What I do is build up a nice fire over several hours. You get a big deep bed of coals going. Then add a few chunks of some type of hardwood.

Then you take a room temp very nice aged Porterhouse at least an inch thick, preferably 1.25 to 1.5 inches thick. I use an old fish griller but only half of it, to hold the steak.

Now here's the interesting part which you will definately need an assistant for. Get an old powerful hairdryer (old because you can never dry your hair with it again). You and your assistant put on glove type potholders. Have your assistant fire up the hair dryer and blast it at the coals and hardwood chunks. You now have about a 750 degree fire going in there. Put the steak on the fish cooker and put it in the chimney about 4" above the coals. Cook it on one side for about 4 minutes. Pull the steak out and flip it. Grind on fresch ground pepper and ground salt. It's important to use a salt grinder. You want the chunks as large as possible. Now cook it on the other side for about 4 minutes, remove and place on a platter unseasoned side up. Season that side the same way and poor 1/3 to 1/2 cup of very good olive oil and let sit for 3 minutes.

The steak will come out very nicely seared all around with a slightly crispy outside. Inside it should be rare.

Don't try this if you don't like steak rare. You can't really cook it more then 4 minutes on a side because it will begin to burn on the outside very quickly.

I adapted this recipe from the book I posted above. It's based on a recipe a famous restaurant in Tuscany does.

I love doing this recipe and how you cook it is so unique your freinds will babble about it for weeks. :D

NSX-Stalker

Lobster Club Recipe

Burgers Ala Lobster Club Recipe Ingredients
1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 lb freshly-ground beef
= (a combination chuck and
shoulder works best)
Coarse salt, to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Vegetable oil, for grill
Baby lettuce, for serving

Directions
In a medium bowl, make compound herb butter by combining softened butter,
thyme, sage, parsley, chives, and rosemary; this can also be done in a food
processor. Turn out onto parchment or plastic wrap and roll into a log, 1
1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. Chill until firm, or freeze for up to one
month

Heat grill or grill pan. Form 4 eight-ounce burgers, 1-inch thick. Cut
four 1/4-inch thick slices of compound butter from the log. Make an
indentation in the center of each burger, and place half of a 1/4-inch
slice of compound butter inside. Reshape meat to cover butter, making sure
it is not visible from either side; season both sides with salt and
pepper.

Oil grill with a small amount of vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Grill
burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove from grill
and place each burger on a baby lettuce leaf and serve.

This recipe yields 4 servings; 1 carb gram per serving.

Description:
"This might just be the best burger you've ever had."
Source:
"Low Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarbluxury.com"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 815 Calories; 92g Fat (99.3%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
248mg Cholesterol; 13mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable;
18 1/2 Fat.

hlweyl said:
My wife is filipina and we make "Pork on a Stick" as one of the dishes for our summer BBQ's.

Use either pork butt or shoulder, you need something with alot of fat.
- cut into bite size cubes
- marinate and refridgerate overnight (this is a guestimate for 1 butt)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup 7up
- 10 pieces of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tobasco
- 1/4 cup brown sugar

Next morning put on thick wooden skewers and grill. We hang the exposed part of the wooden skewers of the edge of the grill so they don't burn.

I have a large group of Cambodian friends and they cook "Pork on a Stick" all summer long. I love going to visit them in the summer because they always have a grill going with all types of exotic foods.
I have only once eaten something they made which I did not like, some type of blood cubes.

Yeah, some of the Phillipine foods are nasty to me. We were watching "Fear Factor" once and two of the foods that the contestants had to eat (I think they were some type of Goose egg and a blood meal), my wife said they used to eat those all the time and they were delicious. The poor contestant were gagging and puking:D

Back