Let's face it: Honda dropped the ball on the HP that the 6-cylinders will be making..

Cuz the other guys took a 6 banger and made WAY more power NA.

Porsche%2B911%2BGT3%2BRS%2B4.0%2B%25282012%2529-8.jpg

That engine has been refined to death, and its a 4.0, I doubt honda would put that kind of resource into developing such an engine. Plus the GT3 RS 4.0 cost 185k? But if money is not an issue, i'll take the GT3 RS 4.0 please.

hahaha nice car, not my cup. let's wait and see what comes out of japan way of ohio before we draw any conclusions. Pure HP doesn't always mean a better car.

I'm waiting for sure.

And yes pure HP doesn't always mean a better car, but to compete with the stuff out there at the level that the NSX has and should be, it needs to be at the 5-7lbs/HP ratio mark.

I'm also pulling from experience that my NSX has almost double the power of the stock NSX and it just feels like it now has the perfect balance of power relative to the chassis.

That engine has been refined to death, and its a 4.0, I doubt honda would put that kind of resource into developing such an engine. Plus the GT3 RS 4.0 cost 185k? But if money is not an issue, i'll take the GT3 RS 4.0 please.

honda can pull it off.

They did in the NSX and S2k. they make more engines than anyone in the world when you combine all of their product lines.

They had a F1 program.

at the same time honda is about balance and I think that is the point they are once again trying to devote their energy to.. Power in moderation with awesome handling out the box with light maint. and long term dependability. I love how at any point I am confident to drive anywhere no matter how far cause the NSX is soooooooooo dependable, most other owners I know don't have nearly the confidence in their supercar marquee

at the same time honda is about balance and I think that is the point they are once again trying to devote their energy to.. Power in moderation with awesome handling out the box with light maint. and long term dependability. I love how at any point I am confident to drive anywhere no matter how far cause the NSX is soooooooooo dependable, most other owners I know don't have nearly the confidence in their supercar marquee

That's their problem.

They don't have an adroit marketing message/style.

Their success revolves around creating products. And their products has lost it's sex appeal.

None of my friends care for any of the Acura line-up except the MDX. I tend to agree.

Assuming that Honda/Acura is like any other company with the right leadership and business-mind they should create market demand.

In the case of the NSX they should have made it their flagship car to show the world once again that they are capable of delivery the best of technology in a car that the old NSX did back then.

Key ingredient was to maintain their reputation on selling dependable cars but with the NSX it had to have all of the performance numbers dialed in.

In order for the new NSX to have success for both the NSX name and for the world to pay attention to Acura/Honda that they did in the past the NSX needs to accelerate over a G, brake over a G, and pull over a G on a turn.

400HP total, even with AWD, all of the modern safety standards/equipment and fancy electronics (ie- infotainment) will tax performance due to weight increases.

Honda took forever to release RWD and AWD cars. Decades.

They are still stubborn on delivering a V8 engine. Their Le Mans V8 car was kicking ass out there when I was at Laguna Seca. They can do it. But their leadership to the consumer market is shortsighted.

Honda's don't drip oil though.

Plus to have a big high revving V6 probably takes a lot of work to make it smooth. The 370Z is really rough at the higher revs... sure it makes power, but that is the trade off.

They just need to go with a small V8.

Honda's don't drip oil though.

Plus to have a big high revving V6 probably takes a lot of work to make it smooth. The 370Z is really rough at the higher revs... sure it makes power, but that is the trade off.

I didn't know that the 370 engine are rough on the higher revs. Are they not balanced from the factory?

They just need to slap two S2000 engines together, design a block and a crank, keep the heads from the S2000. Make 600hp at 10,000 RPMs and put it in a light car, that is what is needed as a minimum. Stop with the eco electric crap. I do not even care if it is AWD. Give me a rev happy V8 or V10 that will be fun to drive, leave room for the aftermarket to design for additional power for those that want it. You want to go for MPG use displacement on demand and cut weight. You want to prove your engineering chops, do the 40 MPG thing with an engine not an electric motor.

For GOD'S SAKE it is a SPORTS CAR. sorry for the rant, I will go now.

Dave

They just need to slap two S2000 engines together, design a block and a crank, keep the heads from the S2000. Make 600hp at 10,000 RPMs and put it in a light car, that is what is needed as a minimum. Stop with the eco electric crap. I do not even care if it is AWD. Give me a rev happy V8 or V10 that will be fun to drive, leave room for the aftermarket to design for additional power for those that want it. You want to go for MPG use displacement on demand and cut weight. You want to prove your engineering chops, do the 40 MPG thing with an engine not an electric motor.

For GOD'S SAKE it is a SPORTS CAR. sorry for the rant, I will go now.

Dave

^Truth

Sounds like they're working on some other engine tricks other than just direct injection: "Our sources inform us that Honda is working on a VTEC V-6 engine displacing 3.5 to 3.7 liters that boasts a cylinder head with an integrated exhaust manifold and valveless throttle. Obviously it will be of the Atkinson cycle variety. The two-motor setup will be powered by lithium-ion batteries and employ a plug-in recharge system to minimize battery weight."
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fu...ura_nsx_successor_taking_shape/#ixzz1frJ3hV2G

The RS is nice but the engine is in the wrong place. It's all wrong and it was designed in the 60s. All wrong.... :tongue:

The RS is nice but the engine is in the wrong place. It's all wrong and it was designed in the 60s. All wrong.... :tongue:

Have you driven a late model version of the car with the engine in the wrong place? Stock for stock they will outperform the NSX. I drive both and prefer the ride of my stock NSX to the ride of my stock P-car, but performance wise, the P-car kick the NSX ass on the track. Modify the NSX and they get close, modify the P-car and it is all over.

Tytus

Back