• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Leatherseats.com Group Buy 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings NSXPrime members! If you are unfamiliar with how our group buys work, we will keep a running list of people that are interested and will order. Starting April 13th through May 1st everyone on the list will need to call us and place their orders. The interiors will go into production May 4th, and build time is 2 to 4 weeks depending on colors and options chosen. If we reach ten orders before the end of the month we will put the orders into production at that time!

Here is the pricing for the 2009 Group buy:

nsxgb07.jpg

Here is the list:
1. bsansx

Here is our NSX specific page: http://www.leatherseats.com/NSX_leather_kit.asp

If you would like to see samples, please send an email to me at [email protected] with your name, year of NSX, and what colors you would like to see.

If you have any questions, comments, or if you would like to be added to the list please post in this thread or PM me!

Last edited:
So I am getting extremely bad wear and tear from getting in and out of my car. I've attached a picture with Red marking to show the wear/tear through to the foam, and black line to indicate the stitching. My interior is ivory.

The upper one probably being from either my jeans back pocket from sliding in and out, and the lower wear from my calf rubbing against it.

1) Is your leather any better/tougher than oem to help reduce this sort of wear? I believe both parts where I get wear are leather.

2)Is there a better material for this area? I started to get bad wear at just 70k miles, pretty sad considering my POS ford pick up has 200k miles and next to no visibile wear.

3)Is there a color that helps hide wear better?

My car was never really "Driven" by it's past owners and intend to actually utilitze the car, rather than just keep it pretty. So I don't want to have to keep replacing both seat skins every couple years when just the driver side wears out in two spots. Oh and the wrinkle look has to go.

Attachments

• nsx 184.jpg
    nsx 184.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
Is the fabric real "Suede" or "Alcantra"?

If suede, then is Alcantra available?

Do you offer pre-cut A & B-Pillar and Roof Liner fabric or do I have to measure it out and purchase a appropriate sized hide cut?

I had leatherseats.com hook me up with a set of their seats in my gs400, and I must admit they hold up well, they are easy to keep conditioned, and they seem to not wear in the "wearable" spots. I could only imagine they use suade instead of alcantara due to price, and overall, the colored piping and stitching is excellent. The colored piping worked well in the luxury car, and in the nsx the stitching would look good with whatever your color scheme may be.

I notice on your website the $629 retail includes perforated seats and free shipping. How come these become options here? If only 5 sets sell I'd be paying more than your retail. :confused:

$579+$50+$30 = $659 :confused:
$30 savings with 10+ sold, Correct?

KooLaid: We use a thicker hide than Acura, so the wear shouldn't be as bad as the factory leather. As far as the color goes, our color for that interior is called "Ecru" and it is only available in leather. 100% leather is an additional $250.00. Let me know if you have any more questions.

GUNDAN323: The suede that we use is synthetic, similar to Alcantara. There is no tannery that makes automotive grade real suede. We sell the suede by the yard, it is $80.00 per yard.

FeetFxr: Well, the prices on the buy it now are special prices for packages that we are trying to sell. I will change the pricing to FREE SHIPPING to help sweeten the pot. Will that work?

All the leatherseats.com seats I have seen in real life have a pretty heavy grain to them. Is it also available with a light grain or something similar to OEM?

Last edited:
All the leatherseats.com seats I have seen in real life have a pretty heavy grain to them. Is it also available with a light grain or something similar to OEM?

Unfortunately there are just not that many tanneries that make smooth grain, automotive grade leather and matching vinyl. Most of the stuff out there that is smooth grain is limited supply, factory seconds and thirds that were rejected from an OEM. If we had a supplier for the smooth grain in most of our colors we would definitely offer it up to you guys!

the group buy price is only $10 cheaper than Ebay special. the only advantage is the custom color option. HTH

Yeah, i am in need of some new seat covers but if i am going to pull the trigger right now i would need more incentive to do so. Otherwise i will just wait until i am ready and spend the extra few bucks.

I am interested in a special combo if you can do it.It would be black leather outsides with black suede centers.Only special part is I would want diamond stitching like this pic below but with white string not green obviously. :biggrin:

2k25ih.jpg

Is this possible? If so PM me the quote.If its not bad I would wanna order it for my IS300 front and back seats aswell.Thanks.

-Alex

I may be intrested as well but can i supply my own material as i have alcantara here that i want to use with another type of fabric.

Alleykat: PM Sent!

rasir_x: Yes, but we don't discount for customer supplied materials. You would just be paying the base price for the kit.

i am intrested bsansx

If I supplied my own alcantra, how many yards by 'x' yards will be needed to cover both seats including seatbacks, door panel inserts, shift boot, parking brake, a & b-pillar, and headliner?

PLEASE 9 more people do the group buy I need new interior and would be a nice savings. I have other things to due for maintenance come on guys this is an awesome opportunity to get ready for nsxpo2009

Leatherseat.com,
I sent a PM and haven't heard back about my special order simliar to gundams post #19

Last edited:
Sorry guys for not getting back sooner. I've been trying to get some better pricing for this buy. Just give me a few more days to work over the owner some more!

bsansx: I will add you to the list!

GUNDAN323: We need 6-7 yards of material total for the seats. For the rest of the interior panels you would need around 4-5 more yards, and 3 for the headliner.

hhoang3: Installation time varies depending on the experience of the installer as well as the condition of your factory seats. One of our techs can do both seats in around 4 hours. A first timer with no experience expect to spend the better part of a day.

91BLACKANDBONENSX: Do you want me to add you to the list?

rasir_x: PM replied to.

I see the mention of headliner, a/b pillars and parking brake. Does that mean you offer covers for these pieces or how does it work?

I was wanting to only do the inserts on my NSX in which i would supply the perforated alcantara. I called your toll free number to purchase this and the sale person said that i had to purchase all new covers for the whole seat :confused:? I'm not sure why i would need to purchases the whole cover for the side bolsters and rear panels if the two center cushions are seperate from the rest?:confused: I've even seen them on your website with diffrent color red alcantara inserts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back