LAX Parking violation?

So, I park my Explorer at LAX parking lot B for an extended trip back at the end of April. I have a great trip, come back to SoCal, get my vehicle and pay the cheapest parking at LAX. All is good.

Today in the mail I get the displeasure of receiving a 'Delinquent Parking Violation' from the City of LA Parking Violations Bureau.

The ticket is for (I'm assuming) my lack of front license plate since the Violation section says "DISPLAY PLATE A". What gives? Is LAPD cruising LAX parking lots looking for city revenue?

This sucks.

LAX is a bad place to go if you don't have front plates. I've known a number of people who have received tickets at LAX for no front plate. Nothing new.

I was there a week ago, droping a friend off and there was a motorcycle cop going in circles around the terminals pulling over people left and right. He'll pull one person over give them a ticket then drive slowing looking at everyone's license plate stickers and whatever else he could find then pull them over. First thing that popped in my head was that's f**ked up, but what can you do. :rolleyes:

I was there a week ago, droping a friend off and there was a motorcycle cop going in circles around the terminals pulling over people left and right. He'll pull one person over give them a ticket then drive slowing looking at everyone's license plate stickers and whatever else he could find then pull them over. First thing that popped in my head was that's f**ked up, but what can you do. :rolleyes:

Well atleast he was fair for the first time compared to many of our past experiences right? i.e. exhausts, window tint, flow of traffic, etc

Well atleast he was fair for the first time compared to many of our past experiences right? i.e. exhausts, window tint, flow of traffic, etc

Well, I didn't really know what else he was looking for, but it was obvious about the registration stickers because he would look at the rear of the vehicle then every were else. So who's to say he wasn't giving out unfair tickets.

So, I park my Explorer at LAX parking lot B for an extended trip back at the end of April. I have a great trip, come back to SoCal, get my vehicle and pay the cheapest parking at LAX. All is good.

Today in the mail I get the displeasure of receiving a 'Delinquent Parking Violation' from the City of LA Parking Violations Bureau.

The ticket is for (I'm assuming) my lack of front license plate since the Violation section says "DISPLAY PLATE A". What gives? Is LAPD cruising LAX parking lots looking for city revenue?

This sucks.

I got one few years ago. Just pay the ticket and get over it. That's one way for them to have fundraiser. I had my car cover on and they lifted the front cover to see if I have plates. That was the last time I park on LAX property. I now park on private buildings, it's cheaper, out of the sun, and friendlier.

I go through the airport quite frequently. I usually see a couple motorcycle cops at terminal one departures just sitting waiting for you to drive by with no front plate. They are filling their ticket books, and their wallets as well.

Back