Last Minute Notes for Saturday's Drive

• Saturday forecast looks sunny with cloudy periods. If we have to cancel due to rain, I will post an update here as well as on the main page of the website (http://www.manta.ca/springfling) no later than Friday 6pm.

• Pre-meet is at 9:30am. Drive will start at 10:30am sharp!!! Please ensure that you are at the starting point no later than 10:15am for any last minute updates.

• Please review the driving guidelines on the site: http://www.manta.ca/springfling/guidelines.html

• The drive is technical with a lot of turns. Follow the directions/map, not the car in front of you! If they miss a turn, it's easier and safer for one or two cars to U-Turn rather than a large group.

• We should have approximately 20+ radios distributed amongst the drivers. If you encounter any problems, and cannot get in touch with a radio car, please call Ian or myself on our cellphones (numbers are in the Route PDF)

• REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A RACE! With the recent fatal street-racing accidents, I doubt police will be giving anyone any breaks. We're all adults here -- please drive responsibly!

• If you have not already downloaded and printed off the route directions+maps, please do so:

http://www.manta.ca/springfling/prv/route.pdf

Use the login/password that was PM'd to you. If you don't have it, please contact me directly and I will provide it.

Please do not respond on this thread. Check back here for any last minute changes or cancellations.

0% chance of rain tomorrow, so DRIVE IS ON!

It is going to be windy and cold though... sucks for people with spyders/targa's. Morning looks to be a high of 10 and warming up to 16 by afternoon.

See you all tomorrow morning! DONT BE LATE OR WE LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!

It's too bad you couldn't make it out Dave! We had an awesome turnout, the weather was perfect, and everyone had a real blast. Here are a few quick pics from the event, hopefully others will post more:

Omar: I forgot to get your production company guys business card, but hopefully he can just contact me at my email directly and we can go from there. Thanks again for coming out and bringing the production crew -- I'm really looking forward to checking out the video!

BTW, here's a quick video clip of the murcielago from my camera: http://www.manta.ca/springfling/pics/murci.mov

Attachments

• 100_3606.jpg
    100_3606.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_3608.jpg
    100_3608.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_3612.jpg
    100_3612.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_3621.jpg
    100_3621.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
looks like u guys had a great time
im gonna try to make the next one for sure
get more pics up as soon as u can ha

Arshad you are soooo THE MAN....
You did an incredible job my friend...
This could not have been a more perfect day!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

From the pic on Fchat, it looks like that yellow with the "Uliveonce" license plate showed up at the meet.

Thats the car that I came across on the DVP heading home from Stu's after the NSXCLUB.CA meeting.

Anyone talk to him? Who is he? How long has he had that car? Is it the '01 that Segal had? Gotta keep track of the SPAs!

BioBanker said:
From the pic on Fchat, it looks like that yellow with the "Uliveonce" license plate showed up at the meet.

Thats the car that I came across on the DVP heading home from Stu's after the NSXCLUB.CA meeting.

Anyone talk to him? Who is he? How long has he had that car? Is it the '01 that Segal had? Gotta keep track of the SPAs!

i spoke to one of the two yellow cars... this guy just bought his a week ago... it was a 95 painted type r yellow...

Great day! Great Drive! Good Fun!

Thanks Arshad!

Sean, I'm glad you and your father in law really enjoyed the day! At least it was worth the long drive from London :)

Hey Omar, there's a couple of other guys who took some decent footage. Do your video guys want copies of their stuff to incorporate clips into their final edit?

Nathan: I heard you and your brother got some good video?

yeah, they got lucas's e-mail. Soem of the shots were amazing, and the video will look SICK! We were photoshoping them last night. WE GOTTA DO THIS AGAIN, and for a longer cruise!!!!

Omar, I mean some other guys have some good video footage as well from different cars/angles, so if they want to incorporate those for variety, I can try and get the DV tapes to you.

Don't worry the next cruise WILL be longer.. it will be the route I had originally planned for this time around up near Orillia. The roads will be more isolated, less residential areas, and more opportunity to open it up on some nice twisties! That's going to be in the fall.. probably september'ish when the leaves start changing colour up there.

Awesome run Arshad, really well planned.

Can't wait for the next drive. Joe in the Mucielago lives in my neighbourhood but I had never met him until saturday. I didn't take a look at the list of cars attending, I was surprised to see the Lambo's and Vanquish S.

BTW someone mentioned the Red Diable roadster was a replica? Is this true.

Johnny, I'm glad you could make it out! That pic of your car coming down the switchback on forks of the credit looks AMAZING! Thanks for picking up Lucas as well!

Yeah the red diablo roadster was a replica. It's an NAERC replica body on a custom tube chassis and powered by a SC'd GM 3.8l engine. Built by Jim Dinner. That particular car is owned by GTA Exotics rental and was being driven by Stu (the owner of GTA). As far as replica's go, it's really faithful to the original! The yellow VT roadster was the real deal though. Did you hear that thing? DAMN!

It was a great run on Saturday, thx for all your hard work and effort Arshad....the only problem is, it will be hard to go back to those informal, short notice get togethers.
You sorta spoiled us with the web site, posted and "password protected" route PDFs, factory tours, etc,,....now you've even "upped the ante" by arranging for a video of the drive! (by the way, thx to who ever was doing that...we saw you guys really working it!...)

How will you ever top this?

Thanks Steve! The way I see it, the smaller, informal get-togethers and runs still have their place. Organizing something like this takes a lot of time and effort and can only be done once or twice a year -- but when it does happen, it's awesome to see so much nice machinery all come out to one place! Yeah this one is going to be hard to top, but I think the actual driving part of the fall run is going to EASILY eclipse this weekend's route.

BTW, Omar's crew were the ones taking all the video, and I'm hoping that they'll make it out for our fall run as well, which should be even more spectacular with the autumn colours!

Thanx guy's. The crew had a lot of fun, and they going to make the video really good. My crew will be at every event possible to make the event as memorable as th last one. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS AT CAYUGA!

Arshad said:
Johnny, I'm glad you could make it out! That pic of your car coming down the switchback on forks of the credit looks AMAZING! Thanks for picking up Lucas as well!

Yeah the red diablo roadster was a replica. It's an NAERC replica body on a custom tube chassis and powered by a SC'd GM 3.8l engine. Built by Jim Dinner. That particular car is owned by GTA Exotics rental and was being driven by Stu (the owner of GTA). As far as replica's go, it's really faithful to the original! The yellow VT roadster was the real deal though. Did you hear that thing? DAMN!

Hey Arshad... Thanks for all your effort, my sone and I had a great time.
Jim Dinner called me this evening, I had told him about the site and he happened upon this thread. He says thanks for the kind words. Jim and I have helped each other out on several projects over the years. I first met him whien he built his first car a 25th anniv. Countach. I had built one several years before and gave him a hand with the body work. I should also say thanks since I spent a couple of months and many gallons of bondo perfecting the Diablo you guys saw on the weekend. It was quite the mess when Jim got it from NAERC. I have designed several kit car bodies including a 355 spider and a 512M roadster that was used in a hollywood flick with Billy Baldwin shot here in Toronto. Pics of those cars are on Jims website Kwikercars.com. Take a peak when you have a chance and give Jim a buzz.
He looks forward to being included on the next run maybe with his Diablo 6.0 that's in production.

I have recently been devoting my efforts to NSX stuff, one drive and I was hooked. Jim says sooner or later I will come back to "THE DARK SIDE"
kit cars that is . I am on my way tonight to pick up my new 91 NSX from Philly PA.
Soon to be a HSC inspired W I D E B O D Y.

Thanks again and talk to you soon.

Carlos

Carlos, I'm glad you guys had a great time! Your next project sounds cool! I had no idea you were so heavily into designing these kit cars! Are you keeping your existing car as well? Thanks for letting Jim know about the site. I actually got an email from him earlier this evening and invited him along to the next run.

Sorry about not sticking around after lunch that day to check out your new rear spats. My wife called and I had to take off a little earlier than expected. I'm definitely interested in seeing it in person one day though, to see if it fits over the Tubi.

Arshad said:
Carlos, I'm glad you guys had a great time! Your next project sounds cool! I had no idea you were so heavily into designing these kit cars! Are you keeping your existing car as well? Thanks for letting Jim know about the site. I actually got an email from him earlier this evening and invited him along to the next run.

Sorry about not sticking around after lunch that day to check out your new rear spats. My wife called and I had to take off a little earlier than expected. I'm definitely interested in seeing it in person one day though, to see if it fits over the Tubi.

I just sold my Countach replica and the 512m Spyder replica is on ebay right now.
The 95T I'll be keeping , REALLY LIKE THIS CAR..
Just picked up a 2 owner (first owner to 85k ) 91 NSX 91k black on ivory ...new clutch, master and slave ,timing belt, 90k service done.
Some damage to the left front corner CLEAR TITLE ,the rest of the car is in amazing condition.Almost to nice for my project, but what the heck it'll be a really reliable car ,so here we go.

I'll be posting some pics of the 02 rear update kit on my gallery in the next day or so.

Back