• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

last login time/date info

Hi,

Is there any way to keep or have visible on the forums main page the time/date of when we last logged in?
I use it to keep track of threads I have not yet viewed since my last login.

Thanks

Not really.. Did the old version of the software do this? I never noticed that before.

However, the system keeps track of which threads that have received new posts since you last read them. If you use the New Posts search, first it gives you threads that have new posts since your last visit, and below that it gives you threads that are older than your last visit but have new posts since you last read the thread.

If you really only want to see stuff new since your last logon, as opposed to stuff that is new since you last read the thread, I think you can click on "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom of the main forum page each time before you leave the site. Then the next time you visit the only things that will show as updated are things that are new since you clicked Mark Forums Read.

The old software had our name on the right side and under our name it stated "last login" and had the date/time next to it.
All I had to do was quickly scan from the main forum listing if there were any post after my last login time and if there were I would go into that forum. If there weren't I'd skip it and move onto the next section.

I tried the "new post" search and it list all the threads with a new post together since my last login vs. having them in their respective section . I don't want to only see the new post threads but would like to see all threads updated or not. I want to see exactly what you said above:

If you use the New Posts search, first it gives you threads that have new posts since your last visit, and below that it gives you threads that are older than your last visit but have new posts since you last read the thread.

I'm not sure if there's a way to include the time/date of last login information but if there I'd appreciate it if you can.

Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays!

Not really.. Did the old version of the software do this? I never noticed that before.

Yes, the old version did this

However, the system keeps track of which threads that have received new posts since you last read them. If you use the New Posts search, first it gives you threads that have new posts since your last visit, and below that it gives you threads that are older than your last visit but have new posts since you last read the thread.

OK so now I see this, but can I see all the newly replied to threads when clicking into the different sections from the main forum listing?

I really just want to somehow be able to tell which post are new or have new replies since my last login, when clicking from the main forum listing into a section (say for sale/trade).

Thanks

The threads with new posts since you last read them are bold and have
firstnew.png
on the left.

If you only want to see which have new posts since your last logon, not since you read them, use the "mark all read" tip I posted above before you log off.

Back