Last Autocross fo the season this weekend

Before you guys put all your cars away for the winter I just wanted to let you know about the last Autocross for the season. It will be held at Tobay beach parking lot, just East of Jones Beach Long Island this Sunday 11/21/10. Registration starts about 8:00 AM, they always have some food available for breakfast and lunch.

Weather is supposed to be great, Sunny and 54 degrees and this is a fun event. The parking lot at Tobay is particularly clean and smooth, I already did a couple of events there, unlike the Coliseum.

Could be a great NSX get together meet and greet, etc.

Hope to see y'all there,

Tytus

Hey Chris,

I think I saw you on Northern Blvd on Sunday mid afternoon. I was heading West in the Black NSX and you were heading East.

It'll be good to see you this Sunday at the Autocross, now to drum up some more NSXs.

Tytus

If I can get my allignment changed before this sunday, I would like to show up and try to see if I feel any difference.

Tytus I forgot if we needed to pre register for the porsche club or not. I'm going to bring a few friends with me.

Last edited:
Hey Tat,
I just got my wheel allignment done at my friends shop in flushing, RCT performance, ill post pics up tonite when i get home. He just got a new machine and its low enough for my car, and my car is pretty low.....he does a great job, and for those that came out to the bear mtn run last month, hes the guy with the GTR....

Thanks for the suggestion Chris but I can get it done for free at my work, I just need the business to be slow enough one day.

You do not need to preregister for Autocross. Just show up in the morning and you are good to go. Don't worry about the alignment, the only one that would make a difference would be a very aggressive one like the original stock "91 set up, but it will eat your tires in 3-4k miles, not worth it, especially since it is your last event, unless you hate your tires...:biggrin:

Hope to see y'all there. Should be nice and sunny, a great day at the beach. As a matter of fact other NSXers that don't want to run the event can come watch some of the action and go to the ocean beach, it is literally across the street as this is the parking lot for the beach.

Tytus

I'm going to go for the recommendation that Billy Johnson told me to try. I'm going to add 1 more degree of negative front camber to try to increase front end gripe.

I'll see you guys in the morning. I should be there by 8:00 am. The course is open at 7:30 am if you want to have extra time to walk it.

See ya there.

Tytus

Last edited:
I'll see you guys there. Tytus you should take out the nsx.i want too see what a veteran can do :)

I had a great time at the event. Thanks for the heads up Tytus, this is one of the highest speed auto X's I've been to so far. Simon it was good to finally see your new NSX, I definitely like it more than your old one, its a shame our cars can no longer be confused for each other.

Tat,

I had a great time today as well...a bit cold in the early am but warmed up pretty good. It was nice to see John with the yellow NSX!

Tytus, thanks for posting the event and showing me the ropes!!

Simon

Guys, you are all welcome. I really enjoyed seeing the NSXs out there and Tat had a respectable showing.

It was good to meet John, who stayed through most of the event and spectated as he was getting over a cold and didn't compete but did do the track walk with Simon and I. John has a beautiful low mile yellow '97 that is begging to come out to more events and get togethers, like the river run and NSXstock, Bear mountain runs, etc.

I will post up the next events in March 2011, and maybe I'll take out my X next time. Let's get more cars out there for every event and maybe we can have our own class.

Till the spring,

Tytus

I will run better front tires the next event so I can manage my understeering problem. I will do a better job representing the NSX community.

Here is my best run of the day for those who are interested

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjkQAl5UPdA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjkQAl5UPdA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back