• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laser jammer a waste of money

After having the Lidatek Laser Blinder professionally installed and turned on whenever I am in the car I have been under the belief that there was no need to worry about the laser as a traffic enforcement tool; at least after believing their rhetoric in the advertising. Well as we often discover, reality differs from what is purported to be the truth. After being stopped by a motorcycle cop using a laser gun, my illusions about the effectiveness of the laser blinder were gone. I wish it were not true, but it is. After being stopped I was furious that these people are ripping people off shamelessly claiming that their product works. Perhaps in some staged setting they can manipulate the variables to their advantage in some shell game but in the REAL WORLD it is ineffective. Save your money.

Sorry, but I find this claim hard to believe.

First of all, you state that you are running the "Lidatek Laser Blinder". You must first clarify what brand product you are using...since you are clearly putting the names of 2 separate products together.

are you running:

1) the Lidatek Echo LE-20 Laser Jammers

or

2) the Blinder M-10 Jammers

if you are using the Lidatek unit, are you using just the primary transponder or the primary transponder + the additional transponder?

I have a dual set of Lidatek Echo LE-20's on both the front of my car and the rear. So I'm able to speak from personal experience here...

if you had a professional shop install the car, are you positive that they aimed the jammers correctly? did you check the alignment with the provided levels from Lidatek? and are they pointing directly forward? any off angles will send the outgoing laser beam off target.

If you are fed up with the so called "falses" contact Lidatek, they have an updated version that they will send you at free of charge, if you send yours in for exchange. (pretty good customer service if you ask me). I've sent both of my sets in and they took care of me very quickly.

I know that I have been saved several times when I was in Oregon and so has my close friend who runs them. I know that they worked since I was using them inconjunction with my Valentine one radar detector.

also, another variable that most people are not aware of is the characteristics of lidar.

at 3000' the beam is 5' wide

at 1000' the beam is 3' wide

at 500' the beam is only 1.5' wide

that is why they utilize the ability to have two transponders in the kit.

the closer you get to the officer, the likely hood of the beam crossing the face of the transponder deminishes. So your chances of getting a ticket at less than 500' significantly increases.

the Lidatek unit is designed to operate for a short quick burst, allowing the driver to slow down (3-5 seconds) then shuts down. Allowing the officer to get a reading. It is possible for the officer to not get a lock on a car when using a lidar gun, and that's exactly what they Lidatek unit simulates. If the unit were to stay active, then the officer would become suspicious since he/she would not get any reading.

Lidatek is the only company that has a patent on laser diode technology. The Blinder system and other vendors, only use LED's to combat the on-coming lidar beam and that is another reason why their units are considerably larger.

My Lidatek Echo II Jammers have saved my butt plenty of times and sware by them as I do my Valentine 1.

if you have indeed addressed all the concerns above and still have a disputable point, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Allen

Last edited:
I have been saved several times when I was in Oregon

You are so lucky you don't live here now. With our budget the way it is there are radar traps all over the place. They are also putting cameras all over the place.

There are so many traps it almost feels like harrasment.

The unit is the "blinder" and is not the Lidatek unit, sorry for the confusion. As for the installation, it was done by a professional installer in consultation with the company. If that does not optimize conditions I don't know how. Perhaps as you insist, the Lidatek unit employs different technology and MAY be effective. As for the Blinder I am fully convinced of its worthlessness.

i have a rocky moutntain 360 lasar detector and scrambler? mine sometimes goes off when a cop is around and someties doesnt... does this mean its not accurate? is this a good brand?

CHEAP Laser Protection

After two "incidents", I can say that running without a front license plate is the best protection from those pesky coppers! Neither could get a lock, and only one gave me a "no front plate" ticket which was a small price to pay.

If you look at the nose of our cars, there really isn't any flat surface to directly reflect the beam back to the laser detector - we call it STEALTH! Billions spent in US Govt. research and all they had to do was look at my car.

It works for me!

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

efript said:
i have a rocky moutntain 360 lasar detector and scrambler? mine sometimes goes off when a cop is around and someties doesnt... does this mean its not accurate? is this a good brand?

I'm sorry to say, but these so called scramblers are not effective.

the only radar "jammers" out there legally for sale can only PASSIVE jammers, meaning that they absorb the signal in an attempt to hinder the effectiveness of radar. This DOES NOT WORK!!!

the only radar jammers that actually work are known as ACTIVE radar jammers...which are highly illegal due to FCC regulations. They actually emit radar waves from the unit, rendering the officer's radar gun useless. you will have a very difficult time finding a place to get one, since they are highly illegal.

my brother has one of these older units that blocked X and K band, but after a half hour of having it on, I get a headache. and so do all the passenger's in his car...so I attribute it to the constant radar waves. So bascially, we removed the unit due to health concerns. But it was nice to drive through one of those "your speed is" signs and nothing shows up!!! :D

Allen

Radar Reflectivity

>>there really isn't any flat surface to directly reflect the beam

Yes there is - the radiator. And the headlights on the 2002+ cars are much worse (ie: better radar reflectors) than the hidden lights prior to that.

>>there really isn't any flat surface to directly reflect the beam

Yes there is - the radiator.>>

Aside from not believing that the frontal surface area of the radiator adds up to very much (only the thin edges of the cores face forward), I've never seen an officer laying on his stomach in the center of the lane - where he would have to be to get a reflection back from the radiator that is recessed 16" inside the nose of the car.

The new headlights are the best target, but since its a rare day when they use laser at night (though it can be done) us flip up headlight guys are pretty much in the clear.

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

nsxbuilder said:
its a rare day when they use laser at night (though it can be done) us flip up headlight guys are pretty much in the clear.

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

I'm sure that nsxxtreme can contest to this, but in Oregon...they will laser anytime of day. regardless of day or night. I even believe that they actually do more lasering at night.

I'm glad that they only prodominantely radar and pace in Cali. It makes it much easier, but those biker cops are VERY good at sneaking up on you.

Allen

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I don't have a front license plate on the car, and oddly enough there were 2 lanes and a median between my car and the laser so there was a significant angle involved.

Radar Reflectivity

>>Aside from not believing that the frontal surface area of the radiator adds up to very much

Nope, it acts as a solid piece of metal. This has been documented by Car and Driver. It is the largest radar target in most cars.

>>where he would have to be to get a reflection back from the radiator that is recessed 16" inside the nose of the car.

Huh? The plastic front pieces are invisible to radar. The radiator is the first thing the radar beam hits.

X-TNSIV said:
I'm sure that nsxxtreme can contest to this, but in Oregon...they will laser anytime of day. regardless of day or night. I even believe that they actually do more lasering at night.

I'm glad that they only prodominantely radar and pace in Cali. It makes it much easier, but those biker cops are VERY good at sneaking up on you.

Allen

Yes laser is all they seem to use here 24-7, I saw 10 motorcycle police on 26 the other day handing out tickets like crazy. I don't speed at all here, they need the money so bad here that they are everywhere.

Great link, Kinan.
I think this explains everything in a nutshell:
--The Blinder M-10 Twin jammed three of our five laser guns acceptably well but failed entirely to jam the Laser Atlanta gun and it could reduce the LTI Ultralyte LR's range by only 35 feet. Both of these guns had the latest anti-jamming software and it appears that Blinder may be a bit behind the technology curve. Until they catch up, we'd advise taking a pass on this model.--

Back