• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LAPD's Sports Car Drive/Lunch

77th Street Police Station is having another drive/lunch. The first drive was great. It included a few Z06's, Vipers and one NSX. Would like to increase the number of NSX's. The best part was that I got to drive them. All I can say is that the Viper is simply awesome. But as usual the NSX stole the show. I know there are some of you that live near the San Pedro area that would really enjoy this, so come out for a day of fun. These guys are cool.

Date -9/13
Tme -0930 hours
Loc -Meet in parking lot across from Acapulco (Port of Call,
San Pedro)
Dest. -Laguna Beach for lunch
:cool: :cool:

5inchfatlip

These guys are cops, that work out of the 77th Street station of LAPD. I was hoping to get a few guys out there that had attended the AutoX, so we could share some stories.

77th Street station of LAPD? Hmmm.....I'm going to be in LA next month, would be a privilege of meeting other cops who drives a NSX or other exotic cars. Just curious, any other cops on this forum owns a NSX? How about a tour of the LAPD station?

Kevin

Hey guys nice to hear some response. Latest update there should be atleast 20 sports cars there. There will be a few ZO6's, Vipers, Porsche's and others. There is one cop that has a Blk NSX but he will not be there (mechanical problem) I talk to him last night.
Would like to get more NSX's there.
Tantheman would love to see some of the OC group there.

NsXTaCY168 a tour could be arranged for you. I could alse set up a tour of a Fire Station as well. There will be several Fireman there as well.

Come out and have some fun. These guys are new to the sports car world so lets show them how to have a good time.

I don't want get my car dirty before the Acura Concours on the 14th. Keep me inform, I'm interested. If anyone of you have a chance, post some pictures of the drive.

What time will you guys be in Laguna for lunch? And where? I might be able to meet you down here, but I can't attend the entire drive.

I would be skeptical of the police involvement. Sounds like they could get everyone together and run plates and look for outstanding tickets.. etc...

I have heard of the cops doing things like that before...

Of course, I could just be paranoid :)

NetViper said:
I would be skeptical of the police involvement. Sounds like they could get everyone together and run plates and look for outstanding tickets.. etc...

I have heard of the cops doing things like that before...

Of course, I could just be paranoid :)
So you are saying they are befriending the Sports Cars Owners to ramp up their qoutas.

Once again I will try to convince some of you that this is not a STING OPERATION . So everyone please take a CHILL PILL and relax. I have gone on several other rides with these guys over the last 12 years. Most of the guys are former Porsche owners, in the past we would have atleast two drives a year. I have been a Los Angeles City Fireman for about 15 years and I have know several of these guys for atleast 12. They are regular guys that happen to be COPS. There will be other firemen there. I could have easlily listed this a LAFD/LAPD event. So let your gaurds down and come out and share some NSX stories with these guys. I'm trying to convince some of them into buying an NSX.

NetViper- Is there something we should know about....tickets, warrants, etc...

ss-md Don't have the name or location, but if you PM me with cell phone I will call you when we are enroute.

Taj This drive is only a half day. You will have plenty of time to clean her up. So come out and show these cops what a real sports car is all about.

loomup said:

NetViper- Is there something we should know about....tickets, warrants, etc...

haha... nah... I am just playing... I am sure you will all have a great time..:D

Back