LandCruiser Keyless entry problem...

My Land Cruiser's keyless entry/alarm starting acting up on me today, was wondering if anyone had ideas...

Of the two remotes I have, both have LEDs on them to indicate a button press, both illuminate when the 'unlock' button is engaged, however the Cruiser doesn't respond at all, remaining armed and locked.

Alarm light still blinking inside it, but no dice. If I use the key to open the alarm will traditionally sound (assuming everything is working internally), so I am kind of stuck as to what to do. This is just a stock Toyota alarm.

Thoughts? I am effectively locked out of my LC with keys in hand
rolleyes.gif

There is not much you can do if the alarm won't respond to your remote. The only thing you can do is to reset the alarm by open the door with your key, pop the hood, disconnect the battery. Wait a few minutes and connect the battery again. Try see if that works.

and check all the alarm/power lock fuses after that.

I just had the same problem with my NSX. It turned out to be an in-line fuse in the wires coming out of the remote unit itself. Was your unit factory installed or put in afterwards like the NSX ? If factory then the fuse is probably located in the fuse box with all the others.

Originally posted by cristo555:
I just had the same problem with my NSX. It turned out to be an in-line fuse in the wires coming out of the remote unit itself. Was your unit factory installed or put in afterwards like the NSX ? If factory then the fuse is probably located in the fuse box with all the others.

Turns out the battery in the LC was dying, but not enough to kill the blinking alarm light inside. Eventually that died too, and I just used my key to get in. As soon as I jump started the LC the alarm went off though
smile.gif

Back