Lamborghini anyone????

Poor guy! Especially because he paid more than twice what it's worth.:confused:

Track Accident

Everyone that plans to track their car at NSXPO feels their heart beating a little quicker looking at those photos!!!! :eek:

better know the limits of your car before you go all out...

im talking about any car. not just the lamborghini. and, yes i can't afford it. at least for now.

ahh....i see the problem....in the 4th picture...

never let your girlfriend track your car....:D

gheba_nsx said:
No joke, you can buy 4 of them in Europe for that money!!! :)

Hi Gheba!

Really?

I was suspecting a big depreciation for the Diablo because of the new Murciélago and even more because of the coming of the Gallardo...

Gheba, what are prices of early Diablos and of later 6 liters Diablos in Europe?

For me that is good news because I plan in the future to buy a Diablo!

And are prices also going down in US?

As for Canadian prices they went down of 20-30K.

Hi Effer,

In Switzerland, early Diablos start around US$ 70000 and US$ 145000 for the 6.0!

I plan to buy a Lambo in the future too ! ;)

Regards,

Enzo said:
Hi Effer,

In Switzerland, early Diablos start around US$ 70000 and US$ 145000 for the 6.0!

I plan to buy a Lambo in the future too ! ;)

Regards,

Thanks Enzo!

Unfortunately Diablos aren't depreciating as much in America than the Ol' continent!

But if we don't go for the big house on a lakeshore, I will own a Diablo but before I have to buy a S2K ( for my wife ) and a T Rex...

What is the price in Europe of a 30th anniversary Diablo ( one of my truly favorite )?

Gheba said:

I even saw 60000$ for a 1992!

In my plan there is a Diablo too...

ciao
g.

Thanks Gheba!

OMG that's pretty cheap! High mileage, accidented ?

I prefer a Diablo over a 996TT and what can we say, I think that we must prefer NA midengine exotics !

So if there is Diablo in ours future plans will be fun to post here to see which one of us will have it first!

I know it doesn't really count but I drove a yellow 2001 6 Liter !

Regards

effer

effer said:
What is the price in Europe of a 30th anniversary Diablo ( one of my truly favorite )?

I am not sure for the SE because there aren't many of them for sell here.

I think they would sell for US$ 100K - 130K

I know a guy who totaled 2 SE ! :(

Effer, check this link, this one is my ultimate favorite Diablo ! ;)

gheba_nsx said:
Wow, the 6liter! Tell me... did you like it? I've never driven one... even the oldest... :(

Hi gheba and everybody!

Was very fun, thrust is impressive once you rev over 4K rpm.

This car with 550 bhp on tap seemed totally stuck on the ground and as much as an NSX with its 270-290 bhp!!! :eek:

Thanks to its HUGE tire patch not to forget its 4wd layout...

But honestly I wasn't proportionnally impressed as this ratio:

550 / 270 if you understand what I mean! :)

An NSX, despite its lower top end speed ( 270 vs 320 ), lower HP and Torque numbers gives you "similar" acceleration because a Diablo 6L is very heavy and feels so.

I was also surprised to find the car as slow in second gear at very low revs. Thought that more than 400 foot pound torque would give you more authority in the 1 to 2 K rpm...( I know that he torque peak is around 5,5K rpm but it can't vanish all the way in the 1-2K range? Isn't it? Seemed to... :( )

For sure it is significantly faster ( but not outrageously IMHO ) than my NSX which is a stock 3,0 liter.

This is what I prefer in the NSX:

Ergonomy, huge windshield and perfect overall vision, lower dash, engine music, handling precision and nimbleness, shifter feel and precision, cockpit design and quality.

What I prefered in the Diablo 6 L:

Doors, very low seats, larger and lower stance look, huge tire patch, acceleration, feel of massive power when you rev it.

In the right gears in the right rpm this car is powerful because you know that it is heavy, has a lot of inertia ( the reason why I would go on a 2wd version ) and you're moving way faster than everybody else on the road .

And 325 km/h top speed virtually garanties you to be the king of highways.

When I'll own a T-Rex I plan to turbo it ( heard that I will be able to get around 280 hp @ only 12 psi ).

With 140 hp it reaches 225 km/h ( 140 mph ), and has a power to weight ratio of 450 kg / 140 hp = 3,21 kg/hp !

Imagine 475 kg / 280 hp = 1,70 kg/hp !!! Mc Laren F1 range!

Sorry for the long post...

Hope you will find it interesting...

Enzo said:
I don't know why but I think it's not too difficult to imagine for Gheba ! :D

Effer, take a look at this ;)

VERY INTERESTING!

Since I am from the school that beauty MUST also comes with performance, this car seems to be as quick as fugly...

Since I find a T Rex very nice, light and efficient I am looking to upgrade it to make it very quick...

A T Rex is that kind of thing that gets as much attention as any exotic, believe me! It is awesome in real.

Wow gheba! Must certainly be a blast to experience such speed!

Enzo, do you feel sorry for the guy you know who totaled 2 SE? :)

Mes salutations le plus distinguées à vous chers Helvètes.

Damn it. That does it!

I'm retiring in Europe.

First of all, the dollar can stretch a longer way over there.

Secondly, there's no way in hell will I be able to drive used exotic cars in America when they are so much cheaper in Europe.

Back