Lambo doors = lambo experience?

Maybe one of the most exciting things about lamborghinis is vertical doors for sure. Does anybody have them on X? How it works for you? How does it feels like?
btw, is there a fully vertical doors on the market? i mean doors that you don't have to move horizontal first?

edited:
ok, to add more realism to this thread let me post a couple of images

Last edited:
Not to be offensive, but lambo doors scream, "someone please notice me". I don't even care for them on lambo's. Just MHO.

One great advantage of the scizor style doors is you need not worry about door hitting a parked car. I think it looks best on a Diablo, would add unwanted weight on the NSX.

Me hitting someone with my door is not a concern for me. I park correctly. I'm more concerned with people hitting my door. Vertical doors don't help with that.

(Classic Quote)
So played out, even Lambo's don't have them.

irony.jpg

Ok it also helps if you open the door and car comes flying down slam door gone, scizor door solves the problem:biggrin: You can also hug a wall to avoid parking near other cars for the most part.

Me hitting someone with my door is not a concern for me. I park correctly. I'm more concerned with people hitting my door. Vertical doors don't help with that.

(Classic Quote)
So played out, even Lambo's don't have them.

irony.jpg

Now that made me laugh.

The NSX is designed with the assumption that the forces incurred when shutting the doors happen in the horizontal direction, and the seals around the doors are designed for this as well. The car is not designed for doors to shut in a vertical direction.

Extensive research and testing is done during development to insure that the doors shut snugly and that the car can withstand many thousands of door shutting without any problems.. I can guarantee that similar testing was not done on an NSX for any aftermarket door system.

Lambo doors.....

Sooooooo cool, even Lambo owners want them :tongue: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

a50f_12.JPG

a9a6_12.JPG

ab0b_12.JPG

b4d6_12.JPG

*Btw, I'm not hating, I'd love to have a Gallardo one day! :smile:

ok guys, i know your feedback on lambo doors from previous threads and i keep in mind all disadvantages but you know there should be something magnetic about pulling the door up or i miss something? the thread was dedicated for those who ever use it, so please share your experience if you have it.

and what about fully vertical doors on the market?

ok guys, i know your feedback on lambo doors from previous threads and i keep in mind all disadvantages but you know there should be something magnetic about pulling the door up or i miss something? the thread was dedicated for those who ever use it, so please share your experience if you have it.

and what about fully vertical doors on the market?

It's a hydraulic shock assm. on most.

Back