Kudos to McDavid Acura

Just a few good words for McDavid Acura. My 1997 NSX threw a CEL P0135 code a week or so ago. Failed O2 sensor "bank 1 sensor 1". Turns out it is covered under Acura's extended emissions warranty (TSB 98-031) for a few NSX model years.

The car earned an emissions tuneup (plugs, coils, oil change) plus the new O2 sensor of course. Had a loaner TL for one day. Car running perfectly when I picked it up today. The tech was "Keith."

Just a few good words for McDavid Acura. My 1997 NSX threw a CEL P0135 code a week or so ago. Failed O2 sensor "bank 1 sensor 1". Turns out it is covered under Acura's extended emissions warranty (TSB 98-031) for a few NSX model years.

The car earned an emissions tuneup (plugs, coils, oil change) plus the new O2 sensor of course. Had a loaner TL for one day. Car running perfectly when I picked it up today. The tech was "Keith."

I would con-cur. They saved me a few thousand dollars in needed repairs on a 95 NSX I was looking to buy from a dealer out there. I pulled into the service bay with a valve cover gasket blowing smoke which already was a bad sign on the initial test drive out there to have the car completely checked out. Even though the car was a little rough mechanical wise, they still gave the VIP treatment in service with my intial $135 full prepurchase inspection.

I had several horrible experiences there - 1998 through 2002 and I stopped going there.

I checked them out again in 2008, and I was told that they have new owners and new management.

Very happy with the new McDavid as well.

Back