• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Korean made HID kits

What is your opinion on the quality of korean made HID kits and bulbs. I have heard at first they weren't good but the quality is much better.

Have a deal for a kit with a year warranty for $300. 6000K or 8000K. What do you guys think?

im not sure if the hanabi kit is made is korea but my friend has two sets of them on his tl ...fogs/low beams ........he has had them for over a year without any problems.

You can find deals on HID kits for $300 on Ebay at anytime but can the "EBAY sellers" really able to back up the warranty ? that is the REAL QUESTION you should ask.

Go here too to find good deals:
http://www.groupbuycenter.com

HID'S

If you guys are interested or know anyone else who is
HID come in different kits.
Kits come with 2 ballast, 2 bulbs (specified bulb type),
and 2 starters. Theses kits come in two set of colors, either blue or purple. Kits range from 6000K to 12000K
(color/temp.). Price range from 429.00 to 600.00 + shp.
Hope this info. is helpful and let me know if youre interested.:D

All installed

Took about 1.5 hours to do the install. Very easy to do. The difference is night and day. Kit cost about $300 shipped. The kit has all in one ballast/ignitors and 6000K bulbs

fbf63e5b.jpg

fbf63e1f.jpg

fbf63d4a.jpg

fbf63d8a.jpg

Re: All installed

NormRD said:
Took about 1.5 hours to do the install. Very easy to do. The difference is night and day. Kit cost about $300 shipped. The kit has all in one ballast/ignitors and 6000K bulbs

They look great. Where did you get them? Was is a one shot deal or do they have more?

damn!!! that looks fabulous.....for those that does a lot of night driving, this would an awesome deal!!! i only took mine out one time at night, so i won't be needing it :D

Thanks,

I sent him an email. Who makes the ones you bought from him and what is the difference between 6000k (yours) and the 8000k's in color temp....

more blue or more purple the higher you go? :confused:

The ballast and bulbs are Korean made...not sure on the brand. They do come with a warranty. From reading here 8000K gets really blue and many say the light output goes down. 8000K also seems to cause more glare. Also the bulbs are not tinted, some 8000K kits tint the bulbs to reach that temperature. I went with 6000K which is white with a tint of purple.

You can see pictures of the kit/ballast/bulbs at their web site. www.cartoka.com

Hey guys, how about we try getting a group buy??? I want 2 sets, anyone else interested??? I hear they can negotiate the prices so a GB might help out alot.....
Z

Probably a good idea. I will talk to Albert as well and see what he can do for you guys. Once you get them I can help out with any install questions you have.

Ok guys...spoke with Albert at cartoka. He is currently out of stock of the korean made kits. However he does have Hella kits instock that he would sell to you guys as a group buy for around $350-375. Let me know who all is interested and I will set it up for you.

Norm

The kit is the same as the korean one that I installed, it just comes with Hella Ballast instead. Here is a pic that they sent me of the ballast.

hidbox.jpg

hidbox1.jpg

Here is the picture of the hella one they sent me:
fbf2f0db.jpg

Last edited:
Will these look the same as yours(the light color etc.)? When would the Korean kit be available?
Regards
Z

I would imagine they would look the same since the bulbs are the same. The bulbs are what make the color difference (6000K bulbs vs 8000K bulbs). Albert said it will be about 5 weeks till he gets more of the korean ballast in stock. However, I think the deal for $350 for the same kit with a hella ballast is a great deal.

Norm, what is the final location for your ballast/igniter? It cant be like it is in the pic? How is it mounted? seems like there is not a lot of cable to mount it much further away ... maybe you just sat it up there to show the ballast.
Do you have pic of the finished install?
The full size pic on Imagestation is useful!

p.s. Is there any issue with the cables when the light unit is raising/retracting? Any special attention needed to keep them from getting ripped out/pinched etc.?

D'Ecosse

If you look at the pic with the cover off I mounted them on the bracket that Y's on both ends. I mounted it on the Y behind the highbeam. This ends up being under the headlight cover and there are no issues when the lights go up and down.

group buy

NormRD said:
Ok guys...spoke with Albert at cartoka. He is currently out of stock of the korean made kits. However he does have Hella kits instock that he would sell to you guys as a group buy for around $350-375. Let me know who all is interested and I will set it up for you.

Norm

I checked out his site.
I'm interested in the group buy. Current light set up is fine for next 5 weeks. Ask him what the group buy would be for the 6000k's.....korean ballasts vs. the hella

Hi Norm,
Did you drill the back cap of the headlamp yourself?
Could you post a close up look of the wiring & mounting. Thanks.

In my industry, a Korean product is #1 hands down, and that is Samsung DRAM (pc memory). There are many close 2nds, including Micron(USA) , Infineon(Germany), Fuji,Toshiba,Mitsu, Pan(Japan). So Korea is capable of making something GREAT that has to do with technology and electronics, if that is of any consolation.

Back