Kill Bill Vol. 2

Despite hating Kill Bill Vol 1, I just had to go see Vol. 2 tonight. I have to admit that Tarantino has won me over again with this one and was curious as to what others thought about this latest film. Volume 1 was discussed in this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23945 and many of the things I hated about the first film were the same things others loved.

Much less violence in Volume 2 and much more of the stylistic dialogue that made Reservoir Dogs my favorite. After giving my negative review in the earlier thread, I am curious as to how the fans of Volume 1 will react to this installment.

I saw it last night and agree that it kicked a lot of ass.

Vol 2. was quite a different movie, much more depth than Vol 1. (which I liked quite a bit), and the casting was incredible.

JS

vol II is out? it must be the preview movie.....i loved vol. I....love the blood and very chinese styled....exaggerated :)

just bought vol. I DVD on tues.......uma's got this bruce lee uniform on (cover photo)....

Blue Knight said:
vol II is out? it must be the preview movie.....i loved vol. I....love the blood and very chinese styled....exaggerated :)

just bought vol. I DVD on tues.......uma's got this bruce lee uniform on (cover photo)....

yeah I think the full release is Friday

Blue Knight said:
vol II is out? it must be the preview movie.....

It was a preview. We had a private screening at a local art house theater where Harvey Weinstein is an advisory member so we usually get advance screeings of Miramax films.

Blue Knight said:
vol II is out? it must be the preview movie....

Aye, I also saw it at a premier last night with Entertainment Weekly in San Francisco, opens this Friday.

JS

i used to go to those when my sister still worked at san jose mercury news....they get private screenings all the time....

anyways, i'll be there this sat....

Well, I just saw vol 1 and it kicked major butt.

However, I thought Reservoir Dogs sucked so in keeping with your logic, I'll probably won't like vol. 2.

Should have just done Vol. 1

I really think the hanging end of Vol. 1 would have been enough. It didn't need a sequel to explain anything. Nothing happened in that movie that I couldn't have conjectured from the first movie.

Back