Kids' day is cancelled

I am sad to report that Watkins Glen has cancelled Kids' Day with Trackmasters this year. Unfortunately, the 6 Hour Race tore up the esses and the track needs emergency repairs to get it ready before the Nascar event. :frown:

https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=1

Bill Schultz at Trackmasters feels terrible about this and is trying to see if there are any alternative dates. But until then, PLEASE MAKE SURE each of you takes care of cancelling your individual hotel reservations.

EDIT: It is unlikely the date will be rescheduled since the track has announced it will be closed from July 14-24. The kids attend a two week program and it appears they will finished before the track may be used again.

Last edited:
The hairy sh#$t I pulled to get those days off:frown: oh well maybe we should think about something one of those days local to everyone.Dinner anyway.

The hairy sh#$t I pulled to get those days off:frown:

Preaching to the choir. This comes on top of being told that I won't be able to run at Lime Rock next weekend because my NSX is "too powerful and heavy" and will tear up the newly paved track. Losing a lot of seat time this season but at least I can still look forward to the track event in LeMans, France in August.

That really is too bad. I guess you can't blame Watkins. They've got to make their money.

:frown:

I almost quit over getting these days off this year. Glad I held my tongue :eek:

I really hope they can reschedule but my dance card is rather full for the remainder of this year. Sorry to hear that you track rats are losing seat time especially since I was hoping to get some serious co-pilot time in your cars

Thanks for the heads up Bob. Let's plan a get together before the River Run if possible.

What was the name of the hotel we were all staying at?

I remember where it is, but forgot the name:redface:

Found it:
Longhouse Lodge Motel & Manor
http://www.longhouselodge.com

3625 Route 14
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
(607) 535-2565

Last edited:
Back