Keyless Entry: No Fobs but have PIN

After a lengthy and extensive search, I could actually be just a few days away from owning an NSX! I can hardly believe it :congratulatory: Everything looks good so far, just waiting on the PPI next week. But in the meantime, I have a question.

The car originally came with keyless entry fobs, but I'm told they were lost years ago. However, the owner does have the original Keyless Entry System manual that includes the PIN code for the fobs. I called a local Acura dealer and asked if I could order new fobs and have them programmed with the PIN. After looking it up, the parts guy told me they're discontinued and can no longer be ordered. End of story.

So am I out of luck, or there a way to make keyless entry usable again?

Thanks!

(I have visions of some guy hoarding NSX fobs, and when he sees one parked on the street, frantically starts trying them all to see if he can unlock it :smile: )

After a lengthy and extensive search, I could actually be just a few days away from owning an NSX! I can hardly believe it :congratulatory: Everything looks good so far, just waiting on the PPI next week. But in the meantime, I have a question.

The car originally came with keyless entry fobs, but I'm told they were lost years ago. However, the owner does have the original Keyless Entry System manual that includes the PIN code for the fobs. I called a local Acura dealer and asked if I could order new fobs and have them programmed with the PIN. After looking it up, the parts guy told me they're discontinued and can no longer be ordered. End of story.

So am I out of luck, or there a way to make keyless entry usable again?

Thanks!

(I have visions of some guy hoarding NSX fobs, and when he sees one parked on the street, frantically starts trying them all to see if he can unlock it :smile: )

What model year is the car? From your post, I'm guessing it was before keyless was standard?

It's a 97.

I've been doing some more research here on Prime and on the web, and am finding conflicting information and opinions. At this point, I'm a little confused...

- - - Updated - - -

So I found this at Dali:

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1869

It looks like this could be the solution.

Welcome to NSX ownership. I have two spare OEM key fobs that I no longer need. If they can be programmed PM me for a price. I won't charge a PayPal fee. :biggrin:

Welcome to NSX ownership. I have two spare OEM key fobs that I no longer need. If they can be programmed PM me for a price. I won't charge a PayPal fee. :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer. From what I've been able to gather, the hitch is programming the fobs. I see there are quite a few used NSX fobs available on eBay, but the replacement fobs from Dali are apparently programmed directly by Kenwood USA. I wouldn't know how to reprogram an existing used fob. But if it is possible, then I will definitely consider your offer.

Anyway, I'm not quite an owner yet, but I want to make sure I have this issue covered before I make the final decision on the car.

I have one OEM fob with corresponding keyless entry module. I don't have the wire harness. That's why I'm not using it. I'll sell you both if you think it's worth it.

Contact Kenwood USA directly, I believe they can program them or send you programmed ones.

Back