key locks?

Hi I have a 91 Nsx I sometimes when I try to start the key will not turn all the way to the on position. Last week the car did it at the gas station. after messing around for like 15 mins I got it started. When this happens car is totally dead till key unlocks. Usually if car is started and I try to restart right away it will be ok but if I get out of car and get back in it like 5 mins later the key will only turn a little but not enough to turn car on. PLEASE help me.

Ty
Todd:confused:

Hi I have a 91 Nsx I sometimes when I try to start the key will not turn all the way to the on position. Last week the car did it at the gas station. after messing around for like 15 mins I got it started. When this happens car is totally dead till key unlocks. Usually if car is started and I try to restart right away it will be ok but if I get out of car and get back in it like 5 mins later the key will only turn a little but not enough to turn car on. PLEASE help me.

Ty
Todd:confused:

Get a new key cut off your VIN at the dealer if your current key looks worn. The 91 plastic end key is not very expensive. Otherwise try a little lube in the cylender. I used some AMSoil HD Metal lube on mine.

Back